Chapter 7

Once we pulled up to the mall, I turned the car off but made no move to get out. "Come on Joey. It's my turn to pick where we go! Plus," Angel smirked "Your mom isn't here. You get to pick out whatever clothes you want." With that, I quickly got out of the car, not bothering to check if Angel was following.

When we first walked in, I stopped and took a deep breath. You can smell everything here. Between the coffee shops like Starbucks, and the perfume stores like bath and body works, It was definitely something to be reckon with.

"Wow. I can actually try to enjoy going to a mall for once.." I said, a small smile forming on my lips. Normally I would dread coming to the mall. I would normally just have to follow my mom where ever she wanted to go. She would go to the stores that she wanted to buy me clothes from. I had to try to try on anything she wanted me to. No buts. One time, I had to try on 20 outfits just for the school dance, that was NOT a formal dance, just to please her. We didn't even buy anything I tried on.

Sighing, Angel looped her arm through mine and started to pull me through the mall.  We went to almost every store there was. Our last store to hit, Victoria's Secret.

I didn't mind going into Victoria's secret, it was just awkward seeming that every time i went in there, there were guys standing around. They weren't with their girlfriends or anything. They would just stand there and gawk at every female they deemed attractive. I was glad I'm with Angel because she's had to deal with kind of stuff before, and trust me. She doesn't just put up with it. She makes sure that they are embarrassed for watching.

When we walked inside the store, I went straight for the sweat pants and hoodies while Angel went to the back where the bra's were. I love the hoodies from here. I have a few but my mom wont let me wear them often because they dont consist of the color pink. You would think she'd be happy since they say "I <3 pink" on them, but nope. "It has to much black on it. Do you want to look like an emo?" She would always say. It drives me insane. Anyways, after I would get caught wearing it a few times, it ended up in the trash.

"Time for a new one." I said while smiling. I grabbed one that was almost identical to my old one. The only difference was that instead of black it was a deep purple. 

After grabbing some sweat pants and a bag, I made my way to the back. We had been in the store for about half an hour so i was hoping Angel was done shopping. 

As I got closed to the back of the store, I could hear Angels voice. "Uh-oh. Someone got caught staring!" I thought to myself, trying not to laugh. When I finally reached Angel, I stopped right there in my tracks.

There was Angel, yelling at a couple guys. They weren't just any guys though. One was Angel's boyfriend, Kingston. The other guy was Kingston's best friend Fallon. Also my boyfriend. I was surprised to see them there, especially since Kingston had told Angel that he was going with his family out of town for the day. Looks like someone someone lied.

Walking over to a red faced Angel, I shook my head. I was shocked to see Fallon there. Oh was he gonna get an ear full later. I just glared at him for now

Angel was still ranting on and on about how wrong it is to stare at girls like he was and how awful it was that he lied to her just so he could come here. "You know you could just tell me you wanted to hangout with your friends. Don't just lie to me. But also, you're so stupid!" She yelled, punching his shoulder. "Why would you just come here to gawk at strangers while they try on bras? I mean SERIOUSLY. You do have a girlfriend!" Huffing, she stared at him. I could tell she was thinking about something but I couldn't tell what.

"Well, you did have a girlfriend." She huffed, turning around and fast walking out of the store.

All 3 of us -Kingston, Fallon, & I- stood there with our mouths hanging open. What the hell just happened?

"Angel, wait!" Kingston yelled, starting to run after her.

Turning to look at Fallon, I narrowed my eyes at him. His eyes widen, staring at me. "Shit. Don't tell me that's gonna happen to us.." He said, staring at the ground.

Sighing, I walked oer to him and wrapped my arms around his waist. "No way in hell Fallon. Just tell me what happened." 

He wrapped his arms back around my shoulders- I was so short he couldn't quite reach my waist so easily- and ran one hand through his hair.

"I don't know. I guess we just got bored and all this happened. Kingston actually was supposed to go out of town. Things just changed cause his parents decided they wanted to have different plans. I don't know why he didn't just go spend the day with Angel, seeming they are 'in love'. And before you get all pissy at me, I didn't know that he didn't tell Angel that plans changed. He just suddenly called me and said that plans had changed and he wanted to hangout. So, here we are. I'm sorry Joes." He said, using my nick names. He was the only one that I allowed to use the nickname, except Angel.

I was so confused on what was going on with Angel and Kingston. All of us are best friends. We have movie nights on Friday's, sometimes sleep overs if my parents arent home. We never did anything stupid though. Angel and Kingston had gotten together first, when we all started to hangout. They were always so happy together, like they were in love. But lately, Kingston has been acting distant. Just like today.

Burrying my head deeper into his chest, I took a deep breath, inhaling his calone. It was perfect, and it suited him well. We've been dating for the past year and a half. It's been the best time in my life. No way was I letting him go over this. I couldn't help but wonder why Angel was letting Kingston go so easily, especially since they have been dating for 2 1/2 years.

"Yeah yeah. Just for today, you're buying me my clothes." I looked up at him while smiling. He just sighed and smiled. 

"Do I get to buy you some fancy clothes too?" He smirked, eyeing the lingerie. If I hadn't known that he was just joking, I would have slapped him.

Instead, I just rolled my eyes and started walking towards the register, making sure he got a good few of my butt. It was fun to tease him because I knew he wouldn't pressure me to do anything, even if he wanted it realy bad.

I heard him grunt, then his foot steps following me to the front.