Chapter 4

My best friend Angel picked up on the second ring. "Joey!" She yelled, making me pull the phone away from my ear for a second.

Chuckling, I shook my head. Angel has been my best friend since I moved here. She's the closest thing I have to family now, since my parents are starting to go AWAL. She know's all my secrets, and I know all of hers. I still think it's funny how we met.~

It's my first day of high school and it's a new school. So far, I have great classes but the students are idiots. When I walk into my classes all of them start whispering to each other while looking at me. I just rolled my eyes and went to my seats and tried my best to fit in. It was hard, and the students spitting spit balls at the teacher and yelling cuss words at each other didn't help. 

I was perfectly fine with all of this, except for the stupid jocks thought it would be fun to try and see if the new kid was just going to be a nerd or maybe one of them. It started with them just staring at me. Eventually one of the jocks with the short, spiked up brown hair got up and sat in the seat infront of me, turning around to face me. I just raised my eyebrows at him and gave him a questioning look. "So, new kid. Where'd you come from?"

'Ah,' I thought to myself. 'This should be fun.'

"You've been staring at me since I walked into class, and this is the best you can come up with?" I said, rolling my eyes. "Don't try to act all smart with me bitch. You're still the new kid. Don't think you can talk to me like that. I can ruin your new reputation." He said with a smirk. I just laughed at his response. "Oh so you're THAT kind of boy I see. Well to bad i don't give a shit about you and you're little groupies so you might as well just move along. Oh, and don't think you can just try to intimidate me. I'm not one of those people who give a shit about what others think. I can handle myself, with or without friends." I said with a dismissive wave of my hand.

He just sat there, his mouth hanging open a bit. After getting over his shock of the new, preppy girl with the mouth, he stood up. Towering over me, he said "You're so gonna regret talking to me like that." He was trying to act all intimidatingly. "Yeah, sure sure." I said, looking past him at the board so I could write the assignment. 

When he finally walked away, some other girl came and plopped down in the seat the jock was just in. She laid her head down on my desk, laughing. I just sat there and looked at her confused. By the time she sat up, her face was tinted with red, her eyes slightly filled with water. "I can't believe you just did that to Hunter!" She said, starting a whole new round of laughter.

"It wasn't that funny.." I was so confused as to why she as laughing. I just told the jock that so he'd leave me alone. I mean, what I said was true but still. The girl stared at me her eyes widening. "Oh hell yeah that was! No one has EVER had the guts to talk to him like that!" She said, trying to stop laughing again. "It wasn't that big of a deal.." I could feel my face start to get warm, a slight blush forming on my face.

"Aw don't be embarrassed. I love that you did that." She said, suddenly looking worried. She stuck out her hand. "I'm Angel by the way." I stuck my own hand out, shaking her hand. "I'm Joey."

We sat there the rest of class just talking to each other. As it turned out, we actually have 5 classes together out of the 6 we have total. I was so releaved to know that I know at least one person in my classes.

She's been my bestfriend ever since that day.