Chapter 5

"Joey? Joey!" Angel yelled, snapping me out of my haze. "Sorry, I just zoned out a little."

"uh-huh just a bit! So what were you calling me for Joey?" She asked, sounding curious. "What? Can I not call my best friend just to talk?" I said, faking my hurt. Angel just laughed. "Nope."

"Fine. I wanted to know if you want to go shopping for a bit. I need to hit the bookstore and grab my shipments and go to the grocery store for a few things. I'll take you by a few places you want to hit too if you want." I could do all of these things by myself but  I needed some girl time with my best friend.

"Sure! It's been a while since we hungout! I'll go get ready now." Apparently she was thinking the same thing I was.

"Okay I'll swing by your place in about 30 minutes. Later!" I disconnected the call and walked into the living room, grabbing my purse and keys.

After stalling for a few minutes, I finally head out to my car. My car was a cute bright pink Challenger. It's really one of the only things that I enjoy in pink now.

Pulling out of the driveway, I started towards Angels house. She didn't live that far away so I was driving slow so that she would have time to grab all of her stuff. After about 10 minutes, I pulled up into her driveway.

Turns out, she was already outside waiting on me.

"Jeez Joey. You drive like a snail!" Angel laughed. 

"Well I left early and I wanted to make sure that you had enough time to get ready before I got here!" I said, sticking my tongue out at her when I finished talking.

She stuck hers out at me too then leaned over and hugged me. I hugged her back. God I missed my best friend. I know it's only been a few days since I saw her at school but it was a long few days. Plus we haven't hungout outside of school in over a month.

"So where to first?!" She said, pulling back.

I chuckled. "The bookstore." She made a face then suddenly did a fist pump and yelled, "To the bookstore!"