Green

⚠️ .......

"What's with all the tattoos Nathan?'' I asked while eating a toasted bread along with butter on it.

I was seated on the kitchen counter while he was looking in the fridge at whatever the hell he was about to make for dinner.

''They're cool, right?'' His head showed up from the fridge to reveal a small smile and then dived right back in.

'' Fascinating, yes. But honestly your personality doesn't match your tattoos.'' He closed the door with a bunch of random ingredients in his strong hands. "Oh no. You're not burning the house, are you?"

He chuckled and shook his head. " Hope not." He organized the items next to me on the counter and raised his head to find me smiling at him. "What do you mean it doesn't match my personality?"

"Well, for starters you look as someone who could throw a kid's teddy bear, destroy it while making the kid enjoy the show.'' He laughed at this, placing his hand on his heart  mocking disbelief! " wait!I am not finished yet, also you look like a man that fucked the entire female maybe male too population.'' He faked actually thinking about it. "Very funny Donabrio.... however you're an amazing person. You are kind, thoughtful, I don't know ...gentlemen, very smart and my favorite thing about you is how you manage to just be yourself despite the money and the power ." He stood between my legs and hugged my waist and stared as in really stared at me.

" thank you, sweetheart." He then got back to his cooking and started dicing a potato. "I got my first tattoo when I was 18. I've always been a person who admires art, in all its forms, but I was by no means an artist. I can't sing, dance nor paint. All I can do is turn my body to a masterpiece...and that's how I got all the tattoos." Oh well then...

"They're hot." My voice came out weak and yet affirmative as I glanced at the ones in his right arm, admiring the perfectly inked tattoos there. "The one with the rope looks really sad. Do you have any meaningful ones?"

"Yes. I had a bigger sister before she passed away when I was 12. She was 19, and she had an accident. It left me really sad and..." before he could finish I jumped from the counter almost falling on my face and chocking the hell out of the man, and went straight in his arms comforting him in some ways. Even though he is the biggest in us both. "Careful Amalia..." he groaned out. "This tattoo here in my pinky finger is my promise  to never forget her." I could feel his steady heartbeat and hear the thick sadness in his voice. I looked at it and it was a set of letters that consisted of her name wave.

''Wave? Was it her name?'' I asked, tracing the word  with my finger.

''No. Natalie always loved surfing that we started calling her wave. She was so wild and free. Loved everyone despite everything.'' His eyes intensified with sadness and it angered me how the world was so unfair to take from such a beautiful soul his beloved ones.

''You live near the beach?''

''My family does. You will see, sweetheart.'' Oh right. The event!

I looked up at him and smiled genuinely, like I always do.

"I also want a tattoo!" He raised his eyebrow and scoffed a bit at me.

"I am serious. I want one." I said slapping him on the chest.

"Yeah? What do you have on that pretty head of yours."

" maybe... a long, thick snake."

"A snake?why a snake?" He asked confusion too obvious in his tone.