Chapter 2

The plane ride was boring and all I wanted to do was go home. I didn't want to come here in the first place but I needed a distraction. Something was coming.

There was a group of 50 or more guards and trained soldiers surronding my house near the border watching and waiting for me to go on a rampage. These were specially trained men whose only job was to take lycans down but not kill them.

The human council and werewolf council decided to have a troop to be able to defended against the lycans.

...

I walked into the meeting room and sniffed around. Something was off. It wasn't the smell of rouges or even the humans in the room.

Mate is near. Fang whispered. I could sense it, too.

Fang could sense she was close but not close enough. I could sense anything up to 10 miles away but she was closer than that.

I could feel her.

I could feel my mate for the first time since last life. I could hear her specific footsteps, her heartbeat. It was almost as if she was at the door. Or standing right beside me.

But something was off. Her steps were uneven and difficult. Her breathing was strained as if her lungs hurt. Her heart beat was frantic as if she had been frightened.

She was running from something she didn't want to be near her. But by the sound of it, she wasn't succeeding.

"Alpha Torin, are you okay?" Dominic shook me from my thoughts.

I looked up at my Beta, Dominic, and noticed the room all had their eyes on me. I had stopped mid walk and had closed my eyes. They were scared. All along the wall were soldiers in fighting stances, waiting for me to snap.

I could her my mate scream and I ran back to the door and then outside. I caught her scent almost immediately and rushed out to find it. Dominic raced after me in confusion and probably in hopes I am not doing something stupid.

I follow her scent to an alley. There she was, curled up in the ground. A werewolf loomed over her, kicking her in any places she could.

The werewolf heard the low rumble of a growl and looked up. He realized who I am and decided to bolt.

I was faster and caught up to him in a split second. Without thinking, I grabbed a hold of him and flipped him onto his back. He groaned in pain as I punched him repeatedly until he was unconscious.

Dominic had just gotten to the alley and he still had no idea what was going on.

I threw the unconscious man to Dominic and looked around for mate.

I walked slowly over to her in hopes of not scaring her.

She was curled into a tiny ball, sobbing. I sat beside her and pulled her into my lap. I whispered quiet soothing words in her ears to try and calm her.

She curled into me and soaked my shirt with tears. The worst part of her crying was the noise she was making, or the lack of noise.

She was completely silent as I let her fall apart in my arms. After a while, her breathing evened out and her heart rate settled signaling she was asleep.

I scooped her small frame up and looked up at Dominic. He was busy watching the werewolf but felt my eyes and he turned around.

I need you to deal with the meeting. I'm taking mate home. She needs checked by the doctor. I said through the mind link and Dominic nodded.

With my mate tucked in my arms, I walked to one of the vans. I let her curl up into a ball as I sat down. The driver left as soon as we got in and started the long drive to the airport.

I studied her features as we were driven to a private jet. Out of all of her features, it was the familiarity of her appearance that hit me hardest.

But she was breathtaking. And tiny. Judging by her frame, she couldn't be taller than 5 foot.

Put her next to me and that is almost a foot and a half height difference.

The strawberry blonde hair was natural and it look stunning with the spray of freckles acrossed her nose.

The plane was filled with nurses that had been driven down late last night in case of fights or assassination attempts. Right now, they had a different purpose.

To make sure their Luna was in proper care before she could see a trusted doctor.

...