Chapter 5

Torin

Dominic was hesitant to leave when visiting hours were over but he knew I wanted to talk to her.

They had been talking slowly and softly for the past two hours but I understood that he didn't want to leave his sister after thinking she was dead for so long.

"Elliot, you are familiar with soul mates between lycans and werewolves?" I asked her and she gave me a petrified look before shaking her head.

"In the past life, I was a lycan and you were either a lycan or werewolf. We were soul mates for every lifetime before this. When we died, we were reborn in under different names but I kept my lycan and you should've had a wolf." She nods but looks confused.

"Mom... and... Dad where... somthing else." She whispered quietly. Her voice was soft and my eyes strained to catch ever syllable.

"The doctor told me about that. The Clarke's were very important and loved people in the werewolf community and-" I was about to keep going but I saw a small yawn escape her mouth.

With her being my mate, I couldn't help it but want to please her every need and right now she was tired so I needed to let her sleep.

"How about I let you sleep in my room tonight." When she went to regect the idea, I stopped her. "I already have a different room ready for me but you can go ahead a take my bed. The room should sooth you.l with you being my mate. I'll call Dominic down and he can help you to the room."

Dominic, take Elliot to my room. Help her settle in and then meeting immediately.

Don't you dare force my sister- He started to tell but I cut him off.

I am staying in a different room so get off my back about it. I order him and he stopped talking. I want all higher ups at the meeting. We will call for a pack meeting when we deem fit.

I wasn't looking forward to this meeting. The werewolf council was made up of a bunch of rich old guys that needed replaced. There was two females on the court and they contrasted from the guys greatly. Kennedy Larkin and Mellisa Rose were brought into the council after complaints of the council being all guys.

It made sense but these two were always making drama.

.

"Thank you all for coming to the meeting so late but I have important news." I started the meeting at 11 at night once everyone, except Dominic, showed up.

"We also have a few matters of our own that need to be discussed, Your Majesty." Kennedy jumped in and I tried not to get upset.

"Let me talk, please. This is a very important matter that affects everyone in the kingdom." Once I got their attention, I continued. "The reason I rushed back so fast from the South negotiations was because I found my mate. Now, before anyone tries to jump in," I glared at Kennedy, "I would like to keep this news more silent and not shared with the public quite yet. My mate is in a state where she needs to adjust to this new life before she is forced into something she is not ready for." I paused and looked around the table. "Am I understood?"

"Yes, Your Majesty." They said.

The meeting continued with new patrol plans and security for Elliot along with a few other important matters about the kingdom.

As the meeting became longer and longer, I felt the urge to go back to me room and just be with my mate. I felt an ache in my chest try to pull me away from the boring matters and to the tiny girl that I knew nothing about.

But it wasn't going to stay that way for long.