Chapter 6

I sat in my office and worked until 1 am when Dominic came in.

"I really think after breakfast tomorrow, you should address it all with the pack before it goes to the entire country, Alpha." Dominic starts and I can see the point he is trying to make. We don't need the rumors to start spiraling out of control. "She doesn't need to come down but I think you should tell the pack before the end of the week." My beta suggested quietly. "They need to at least know."

"I guess you are right. Make it mandatory to come to breakfast tomorrow." I said and waited for him to notify a few people to spread the word. "I'll give them a quick rundown of the situation with minimal details but enough to satisfy them." He nodded in response and stood up to leave.

"Also, can you get another meeting scheduled in the South? I think we can send Travis and Isadora to go over things down there."

He nodded again before leaving.

.

The next morning I headed downstairs and was pleased to see almost everyone in the main pack was there. I let everyone eat but anyone could see they were anxious to know why they were told specifically to be there.

Near the end of breakfast, I finally stood up to make the announcement.

"I know most of you are curious about what has been happening. Most of you know I headed down to the south border earlier this week. I was hit by something unexpected and I never attended the meeting. However, I will be sending Travis and Isadora French back down to the south to discuss terms." Travis was my head warrior and was very well trained in protecting people but who better to protect than his own mate who just so happens to be my foreign exchange advisor.

"Now I know all of you are wondering and I am happy to announce after centuries of searching I have found my mate." The pack cheered and looked around for anyone they didn't recognize. "Her name is Elliot Marie Clarke and she is the sister of Beta Dominic. Elliot is not a werewolf and if I hear one negative comment about her, you will be punished. Do you understand?" I hear a series of 'Yes Alpha' and 'Yes your Majesty' before everyone started to whisper to each other.

"Alright, thank you all for coming down and waiting through breakfast for the joyous news."

.

I dismissed them and waited until everyone was gone before turning to my Beta. "Is she up yet?"

"I dropped food off a few minutes ago and she was still asleep. I have Travis guarding the door right now. Give her time to rest, I'll tell you when she wakes up."

Dominic walked away and in the direction of my room where my mate was sleeping.

.

I have to check up on the patrol, Elly is still asleep. Why don't you work in your room and keep an eye on her? My beta suggested.

I had to think about it for a minute because I didn't want her to feel pressured.

I'll be over in a few minutes. I told him and grabbed my laptop and a stack of papers.

Dominic had heard my footsteps and walked out as soon as I approached the door.

"It will take me a few hours until I get back. If she wakes up, tell her to eat something" Dominic said as he walked out the door and headed to the border.

I looked around the room until I spotted a chair in a far corner across the room. After dragging a table over to set things on, I sat down and tried to work on my pack work.

It was hard. My wolf kept whining at me to go to her but I had to hold him back. She wasn't ready for life as a Luna Queen.

Dominic had sent me everything he had managed to save about his family and I was shocked at some of the things I found out.

I was great friends with Oliver Clarke. He was always so kind and generous to everyone. That man spent his life helping out everyone less fortunate because he knew what it meant to them. I had once given him a simple job and he took it and jumpstarted his career.

.
An hour later I noticed her starting to wake up. When she finally opened her eyes, she scanned the room.

I could feel her eyes trailing me but paused on my face. I held myself together and tried my hardest not to meet her gaze.

Trying to look busy, I flipped through pages and pretended to read them.

"Excuse me," I heard her speak and I looked up, surprised. "Where is Nic?" I could barely hear her she was so quiet. Elliot's voice was even more delicate then it was yesterday and she sounded very delicate yesterday.

"Dominic is outside checking the border patrol. He will be back in an hour or two. Before he left, he told me to make sure you ate something when you woke up."

"I'm...not hungry." She said before pulling the blanket up and around her.

I sighed. I didn't want to force her to eat but she was severly underweight. "Just a little bit, does that sound okay?"

She hesitantly nodded and looked over at the table that the food was on. Elliot grabbed a single pancakes before slowly pulling it back to her.

Just a single plain pancake. No syrup or anything.

She nibbled on it and I tried to get back to work.