Chapter 9

Elliot was still in the hiding spot when I got to her. I had been gone for a few hours so I figured she would be fast asleep. "Its me Elliot, I'm opening the door." I called out after I knocked on the door. I had a fingerprint scanner on the door that only registered my finger if it was locked from the inside. This way, my mate could open the door from inside and I could open it if she couldn't.

I scanned all five fingerprints and the door unlocked, revealing a half asleep Elliot still wrapped in a blanket and tucked in a corner.

The room was the size of an average walk in closet, giving it room for several people to fit in comfortably.

"Thank you for coming back." She mumbled. Elliot tried to keep her eyes open but she was failing miserably.

"Can I carry you?" I asked in a hushed tone so I wouldn't dare her or get her too woken up.

She nodded and moved to wrap her arms around my neck. I was shocked when her legs clinged to my waist like a koala on a tree.

She trusted me. I thought to myself. It my not be a lot but to me it was everything. In one of her most vulnerable states, she trusted me to take her to safety.

I carried her to my bed and unwrapped her limbs from me so I could set her down. By now she was fast asleep and I finally had to time to look at my sleeping mate.

I understood it was insanely creeping to watch someone that wasn't your significant other sleep but right now I didn't care. She was my mate so I guess that made it a little better. I couldn't help but notice the soft, almost inaudible snoring coming from her and my sweatshirt covering her tiny frame.

I don't know how I didn't see it earlier but that sweatshirt was practically a dress and swallowed her entire body.

She looked more relaxed than I have ever seen her look.

...

At some point I managed to pull myself out of my room and to the spare room. I was exhausted. I already canceled all meetings for the morning, luckily, so I knew I had time to catch up on some rest.

As a Lycan, I didn't require as much rest as most werewolves but I needed some sleep. Most if the time it was only a few hours a night and I was able to have enough energy.

...

"Hey, Alpha T," I wake up to the sound of my Beta. My eyes open and I spot him in the doorway.

"Yes, Dominic?" I opened my phone and notice it is already 9.

"I think we should take Elly shopping. She doesn't have any of her own clothes here." He asked.

I let out a sigh and stood up. I had on a pair of shorts and no tshirt because I threw it across the room last night. "Clear my schedule for the rest of the day." I told him and walked by him to get something to eat.

Elliot was sitting on the couch, nibbling on a pop tart, still wrapped in that huge sweatshirt she had on last night. I went into the kitchen and saw her sneak a glance at me. I was still shirtless so her eyes went wide and blood rushed to her cheeks before she looked away.

I smirked to myself and didn't say anything. She was perfectly innocent and I intended to keep it that way.

...

The mall was empty, as I requested, when we got there to prevent Elliot from getting overwhelmed. She didn't say anything but I knew by the look on her face that she was grateful for it.

"Your Majesty, Beta Dominic," a lady greeted us with a slight bow before turning to Elliot. "Luna, dear, you look beautiful but how about I help you get some more fitting clothes."

The lady, who I realized was my gamma's sister Elizabeth, waited for a response as Elliot glanced over at us. I gestured for her to go ahead so she nodded to Elizabeth.

"Alright, let's go." She said and led her to the first store. Dominic and I stayed back a little bit and just let them go crazy.

Except Elliot wouldn't. I could tell she didn't want me paying for anything so she tried to get as little as possible.

What she didn't know was that everything I could tell she liked, I picked it up and bought it and if she liked enough of something to let me buy it for her, I bought a duplicate.

By the time Elliot started to slow down in exhaustion, we had enough clothes to fill her closet at least half way.