Chapter 7

I let Elliot be alone for a little bit and headed to my office. Dominic had gotten back right as she was about to fall asleep again.

Dominic had been adamant about letting her adjust to life with the pack before life as a mate.

The final step was life as a Luna Queen and the mother of our children.

But for now, she needed time with her brother.

...

I visited my mate every day and just sat with her. Sometimes she spoke to me, sometimes she just wanted to sit in silence. I always brought work just in case, so it wouldn't be an awkward silence.

A week had gone by since we first found her before she asked where I stayed.

"I don't want to pry, but Nic mentioned that this was your room. Why didn't you put me in a different room?" Her voice surprised me. I had been in there for half an hour and she had sat there the entire time and just watched me while I worked.

"Well, when I found out you were my mate, I wanted the best for you. I didn't want to scare you with the whole mate thing but I also knew that as your mate, my scent can help calm and comfort you. So I put you in the room my scent was strongest." I explained and her confusion faded a little bit.

But then that confusion came back. "So if I'm in your room, where are you staying?"

"The room right across from this one. It is supposed to be your separate room so it is still close to the same size. I just thought you would sleep better in here than in that room." To be honest, I thought she would sleep better with me in the room but I didn't want to pressure her to much. Being the future Luna was pressure enough, whether or not she had completely registered this fact.

I watched as she thought a little bit. I noticed her cheeks had started gaining color and she wasn't was pale as she was when we found her. Her eyes no longer looked emotionless and they had a slight sparkle in them. The gash on her forehead no longer looked as if it was threatening to rip open and bleed and her busted lip had healed.

She was definitely doing a lot better than she was last week but she still was way too thin for it to be healthy.

"Torin?" She said. I looked up to meet her eyes.

"Yes, Elliot?"

"Are you going to reject me?" Elliot looked away and stared at her fidgeting fingers.

"Why would I want to do that?" I could tell how self-conscious she was just asking the question.

I kind of understood where she was in her mind. She was shy and cautious of others, making her think she was inferior to the ones around her. She thought she was weak because of what others have done to her.

"Because I am a weak human that no one wants." Her voice was weaker than it normally was.

I didn't realized I hadn't responded until I heard her start to cry. I quickly rushed to her side and kneeled beside her.

"I would never, in a million years, reject you, Elliot. I am aware you are human, but I don't care. You may think you are weak but you are the strongest girl I have ever met." I wiped her tears away and she smiled. "And never say no one wants you because I happen to have been great friends with your brother and he cries in his sleep for you."

She laughed. It was the most melodic sound I had ever heard.

I cracked a smile and chuckled with her.

Alpha, there is a problem from Evan's pack. Travis is already there but they need your help. Dominic mindlinks me and my smile drops.

Okay, give me a few minutes. I'm with Elliot at the moment. Can you send a few guards up? I stood up abruptly and ran a hand over my face.

Of course, right away. He replied.

"I have to go check on something. Will you be okay here for a little bit? There will be guards outside just in case."

"Yeah, I'll be fine." She said and I could see her walls building themselves up even higher that they were before.

I wanted to stay there, with her, but I knew I couldn't. I was the king and I had to do this whether I wanted to or not.