Chapter Three (PART TWO)

~•~

Amabelle's POV

"I have to change again?" I asked, dumbfounded.

Adonia smiled, helping me out of my green dress. Although it was beautiful, and what I had thought would have been appropriate for a party, Adonia said I needed a new outfit. Apparently I was wrong yet again. Adonia had taken me back to my room almost immediately after my ritual in the arena.

"Yes, but this time I'll let you pick out a gown." She said, winking.

The closet was full of gorgeous dresses and gowns. All different shades and colors, all different styles and fits. It was a closet for a queen. Puzzling at them, I was stunned. I would never have thought that I would be here right now.

"Choose one." She interrupted my thoughts.

I ran my fingertips along all of the cloth, stopping when I came across the fairytale dress of my dreams. It was a fair peachy pink with white flower lace and jewels decorating out from the waist. The straps were perfect delicate things that barely covered my shoulders.

"You look absolutely stunning," Adonia whispered once the dress was on.

I grinned and spun a little, watching the full skirt follow in the twirl. "I feel like a princess."

She gave me a warm smile. "You are a princess."

Laughing, I rolled my eyes. "No, I'm simply a well dressed prisoner."

Adonia shook her head grinning. "I think you are less and less a prisoner the longer you're here. I consider you family now, Amabelle."

Swallowing the lump in my throat, I returned her smile. "Thank you Adonia."

She nodded in understanding. Adonia was so sweet and kind. I wondered how a soul so pure could be entrapped in such a place as this.

"Are you ready then?" She smirked.

"Yes." I told her.

She grinned again. "Okay, I'll be back, I have to go change myself."

Once she left me alone, the silence in the room took her place. I was left to my own thoughts for a while. Yesterday all I could think about was my family and how I longed to go home. Now, my mind encompasses the curiosity of Dante Reddick, the mystery and charm that Kamil left on me, and who I was now. Questions surrounded me like a thick fog.

I hated Dante. I only hated him for what he had done, he separated me from my family. I hated that he was so arrogant. I hated that I still felt like a prisoner, despite everything that had happened.

But even with my hatred, it came with curiosity. I wanted know why. And who. Who was Dante?

Shaking my head, I plopped down on my bed. Why did I care? He was crazy, definitely had rage issues, and was holding me hostage. What else did I need to know?

And Kamil... He was different than other guys too. Something about him was luring, addictive. His light was new. He shined like everyday was something to be thankful for. The charm, smirk, the way he laughed. It was all so dizzying and wonderful, it had me questioning things.

Questioning things like; who was I? Who would I become here?

But I also secretly wondered if maybe Kamil was my mate. That both thrilled and terrified me.

Suddenly, out of nowhere, a woman walked into my room. She appeared to be sneaking in, which was weird because she completely ignored my presence at first. She shut the door softly, and carefully.