Chapter Nine

~•~

Amabelle's POV

Everything had changed.

I lifted my fingers to my lips, carelessly drifting them along, tracing the shape. They were my lips. My lips would never change. The simplicity of things about me that would never change was only my physical appearance. Nobody could grant me relief in knowing that I would be the same inside, emotionally.

Is it hard to believe that I'm a man of passion?

A small smile slid to my lips, replaying yesterday's conversation with Dante. Dante showed me a different side to him yesterday. He was kind, charming, even... gentle. He showed me something that was clearly personal to him too, making me feel special.

Jirri hadn't been lying when he said that there was a side of Dante that I had yet to truly know. He kindly suggested me to give him a second chance. So that was what I planned on doing.

Yesterday was the first step. A nervous flutter flew about my insides thinking that it was the first step of many to come. The unbelievable fact was that I wanted to know him more. I wanted more of those laughs, those smiles we shared. That alone sent shivers down my spine.

Suddenly there was a knock at my door. My heart thundered in my chest wondering if it was Dante. Taking a deep breath, I leapt up to meet whoever was on the other side of my door.

When I opened it, I came face to face with Adonia. I tried my best to hide the disappointment in my expression however I'm sure most of it she could see.

"Hello princess," she teased and wandered inside my room.

I rolled my eyes. Why she thought I was some princess was ever a mystery to me.

"Good morning," I replied grinning.

Her eyes widened pleasantly. "Someone is in high spirits."

My cheeks blossomed a bit. "Perhaps I am. What have you come to tell me?"

She smirked. "A certain Alpha has requested your presence in the rose garden in an hour."

A smile drew across my face. My insides were electrified with excitement. He must have enjoyed yesterday as much as I did. Cheerful now, I spun around in a circle, and fell back onto my bed with a long sigh.

"I'll run a bath lovebird." She sauntered off to the bathroom, sort of smugly.

"Hey!" I called after her disapprovingly, with my arms crossed over my chest.

She just giggled.

Startlingly enough, she was kind of right. Despite everything that had happened in the last few weeks, yesterday had changed everything. Dante apologized. Again. But what was different about this time, was that I could tell how much he really did care.

Dante caring, him being himself in front of me... it changed everything in how I felt about him.

A short 47 minutes passed, and I was ready to meet Dante in the garden. Adonia had curled my hair and left it all down, added lip gloss and mascara to my face and dressed me in strapless, baby blue ball gown with flower petals and intricate butterflies destined onto the fabric. She always knew how to turn me into a stunning woman that I didn't even know existed.

Satisfied with the girl staring back at me in the mirror, I quickly thanked Adonia and hurried from my quarters. Adrenaline pumped into my bloodstream as I practically skipped to the rose garden. My wolf was so excited, she yipped in happiness too.