Chapter 1: Still In Love

"Will dad be joining us," Dr. Mackey asked me. "We might have to start without him."

"He's coming. He said he'd be here and trust me, Kevin's not gonna miss this. He's been excited about it for weeks. Please doc. Can we just wait five more minutes?"

"I'm afraid we can't wait any longer Alyssa. I have another appointment in twenty minutes. Time is of the essence."

I sighed. "Fine. I guess we'll just start without him," I said disappointed. I laid back on the exam table and lifted up my shirt. The doctor rubbed the cold gel on my belly and moved the ultra sound transducer over my small baby bump. "Are you excited," she asked as an image of the baby appeared on the monitor. "Yeah. I am," I smiled as I looked at my baby.

"Oh my goodness, Alyssa! I'm so sorry I'm late," Kevin said as he rushed into the room. "Did I miss it? Did you find out what we're having yet?"

"No. You didn't miss it," I said slightly annoyed. Kevin kissed my cheek. "I'm sorry I'm late. It won't happen again."

"Mmhm. Take me to lunch and all is forgiven," I said, my face forming into a grin. Dr. Mackey smiled and gave her attention to the baby.

"Deal."

"Okay parents. Are you guys ready to find out the sex of your baby?"

"Yes," we said together. Kevin grabbed ahold of my hand and squeezed it.

"If you look right here," Doctor Mackey said pointing to the baby's lower region you can see that...it's a GIRL!"

"Oh my goodness! Another girl," I said getting misty. "I can't believe it. What are the odds of that," I said looking up at Kevin. He wiped his eyes. "I can't believe it man. Wow," he said looking at the monitor screen, "we're having another baby girl."

"I'm gonna give you two a minute and print out the sonograms," Dr. Mackey said after wiping the gel off of my belly. She stood to leave and left us in the room alone. I sat up and pulled down my shirt. I grinned at Kevin who was now standing in between my legs. "What," I said looking up at him. "Why are you looking at me like that," I blushed. "We're having a girl," he said caressing my cheek. "We're having a girl," he repeated softly. His lips lingered above mine. "I know," I whispered just before his lips slowly melted into mine. Electricity ran through my whole body. I know he felt it too, because his hands were beginning to roam.

Dr. Mackey cleared her throat and entered fully into the room. "Wow. I haven't seen a kiss like that since...well, never," she joked. Me and Kevin pulled away. I felt flushed. "Remind me again why you two aren't together anymore," she said walking over to us. "It's complicated," we said in unison. She side-eyed us. "Well uncomplicate it. You two belong together." She outstretched her hand and handed us several copies of our baby girl's sonogram. "Thank you," we said after receiving them. "You're welcome," she smiled. "Alyssa before you leave go see my receptionist and schedule your next appointment, okay?" "Sure thing," I said getting down off of the table. "Thanks again." I grabbed my purse and headed for the door. "See you later Doc. Enjoy the rest of your day," I said over my shoulder. "You too Alyssa," she called out from behind me.

Kevin and I walked out of the doctor's office together. "So," I started, "what was that kiss back there?"

"What?"

"Don't play with me," I said sucking my teeth. "The 'we're having a girl' kiss?"

"Just that," he shrugged. "It didn't mean anything."

"No. Don't try to downplay that kiss man."

"I'm not," he grinned.

"Whatever," I said playfully shoving him away from me. "Anyway, you can't be kissing me like that. We're just friends. No touching. No kissing. Your rules remember," I said poking his stomach.