Chapter 10: Ten

Short Chapter: just somethin slight 🥰
...
"Listen. No disrespect Ms. Carrie, but Alyssa doesn't wanna talk to you, plus she's asleep right now---no I'm not waking her up for you----I understand that you haven't talked to her in months, but whose fault is that----no I can't do that." Kevin huffed into the phone. "Look. All I'm saying is you need to stop harassing her with all these phone calls. It's really gettin to be too much for her."

It was after nine a.m. and I had been listening to Kevin trynna get my mom off of the phone for the last ten minutes. I couldn't listen to the back and forth any longer.

"Is that my mom again," I asked groggily. Kevin placed the phone face down on the bed. "Alyssa don't worry about it. Go back to sleep," he encouraged.

"If it's my mother I wanna talk to her."

"Nah, Alyssa. You good. You're pregnant and you don't need no extra stress. I got this."

I sat up. "You ain't got shit," I said snatching the phone from his hand. I held it up to my ear. "Hello? Ma."

"Alyssa. Hi baby," she said giddily into the phone. "I've missed you."

I rolled my eyes. "Stop calling me," I said before hanging up the phone. I clicked her name and blocked her number. "See. Simple," I said as I handed Kevin back my phone. I rolled back over on my side of the bed and pulled the warm covers back over my body.

"Hey, hey, hey," Kevin said softly as he turned his body to me. "You like me remember?"

"I'd like you better if you'd come back to bed and stop entertaining my mom's foolishness."

Kevin didnt protest or fuss. He just moved closer to me and scooted his body further down into the bed with me. I reached behind me, grabbed his arm, and placed it over my body. Kevin laid comfortably behind me, his hand now softly rubbing our small baby bump. "I'm sorry. It won't happen again. I love you."

"I love you too."

"How you feeling this morning? You alright," he asked.

I grinned to myself. "I'm tired. You wore me out last night."

Kevin chuckled in my ear. "I'm sorry baby."

I placed my hands on his. "Shoot. I'm not," I laughed.

Kevin smiled and kissed my cheek. "You going to class today? I could drop you off."

"Shoot. It's Friday?" I groaned.

"Yeah."

"Yo. I might not go. I need like two days to recuperate."

"Just two," Kevin teased.

I playfully jabbed his side. "Shut up Kev," I laughed. "If I need any more than that it's because I'm pregnant not because you blew my back out."

Kevin laughed. "Alright. Cuddle time's over," he said sitting up.

"Kevin getcho 'hurt feelings' ass back over here and love me," I joked. "I'm just playing."

"I know, but I do have to get ready to go to work."

"Nooo," I whined. "I need more Kevin time."

"You ain't get enough last night," he teased.

"Is that all you ever think about," I laughed. "I just wanted a few more minutes with you before we get up. You know how busy we are once our day gets started. Please, please, please," I said trying to pull him back down into the bed with me.

Kevin caved in and smiled at me. "Okay. Five more minutes and then we have to start getting ready."

"Yay," I squealed as I held onto him.

"Five minutes," Kevin reiterated as he pulled me closer to his chest.

"Ten," I bargained.

"Five."

I turned his face towards mine and mumbled the word "ten" against his lips.

He pressed his lips to my neck and grinned. "Fine. Ten."
...