Chapter 9: Nothing Even Matters

"So are you gonna go see her," Kevin asked a few nights later.

"Hell no! I can't imagine what she has to say to me. For all I know she could be setting me up. No thank you. I'm good."

"I feel you. I wouldn't be down to go either," he said plopping down on the bed beside me. I leaned my head on his shoulder. "I'm tired," I sighed. Kevin kissed the side of my forehead. "Get some sleep," he said sliding further back into the bed.

"No. That's not what I meant." I huffed. "I meant I'm tired of people always sticking their nose where it don't belong. I'm tired of being tried. Just tired. I mean---I know I messed up bad with you, but Mena using it to try to get at you is low. And Lee--- he's just mad cuz he got kicked to the curb." I sighed. "Like everywhere I turn it's drama. I'm over it babe."

Kevin moved closer to me and kissed the back of my shoulder. "So how about we plan a lil vacation and get out of here for a while?"

I slightly turned my neck around. "And go where Kev?"

He rubbed my arms. "Where do you wanna go?"

I leaned back into his chest and thought about it for a moment. "I don't know. Paris. Rome. Holland. Ooh. Cuba!"

"I meant places we can afford," he mumbled as he sent small kisses down the back of my neck.

I turned to look at him and sat on my knees. "I can afford those places."

"No. Your daddy's money can afford those places. Not yours. You work at a little boutique off of 7th street," Kevin said matter-of-factly.

I grinned at him. "That shows how much you know."

"What," Kevin said as his lips teased into a smile.

I tapped his leg. "Get dressed."

"Why?"

"Because I'm taking you somewhere." I threw a shirt at him. "Now come on and get dressed."

Kevin looked at me and grinned. "Okay. Fine. I'm getting dressed."

I looked back at him and grinned as I tossed my dress back over my body. "Good." I slid my foot into my flip flops, and stood from the bed. "You ready," I said as I headed towards the bedroom door. "Almost," Kevin said as he laced up his sneakers. I left out of the room after grabbing my phone and went into the living room. "I'm leaving out," I yelled out to Kevin. Within seconds he appeared in the living room. "I'm ready baby. Let's roll."
..
On the ride down Kevin kept asking me where we were going. He looked befuddled when we pulled up to the art gallery on 5th street. I turned off the car and opened up the car door. "Come on," I encouraged. "Lyssa where are you going? We can't go in there. It's closed." I grinned at him and continued walking to the door. Kevin hurriedly got out of the car after me. "Alyssa. Get back here," he whispered. I turned my head and smiled at him. "Come on. Let's go." Kevin rushed up to me and nearly fainted when he saw I had the keys. "Alyssa! Did you steal the keys?"

I laughed. "Don't worry. I'm cool with the owner," I said as I placed the key in the lock. I turned the knob and opened the door. Kevin followed me inside. "Baby, I'm pretty sure we cannot be in here." I grabbed Kevin's hand and pulled him with me around the gallery. "Come on. This is gonna be fun! We aren't gonna get caught," I winked. "Trust me."

Kevin shook his head. "Who the hell am I about to marry?"

"A total badass aaand the co-owner of this gallery," I said turning back around to face him.

Kevin stopped dead in his tracks. "Oh my goodness. Baby! What? Are you---"

I nodded my head and smiled. Kevin scooped me up into a hug. "Wow. Congratulations baby! How'd this happen? I want all the details yo!" He smiled. "And who's the other co-owner? Is it someone I know?"