Chapter 5: The Last Of Me

"So let me get this straight she works with him," Janelle said sitting down in front of me and sliding my vanilla latte across the table. "Yep. Kevin says it's just business and I believe that it is for him, but for her it's definitely pleasure. At the gallery she told me that she's getting him back." I rolled my eyes. "She ain't getting shit."

"O-kay!" Janelle chimed in.

"Hey bitches. It's me. I'm here," Josh said plopping down in a nearby chair. He took his shades off. "What's new? What's the tea?"

"Wow Josh. Could you be any more extra," I said handing him the cup of tea we ordered for him. He looked down at the cup. "Bitch I'm talking about what's going on with y'all not actual fucking tea!" Janelle and I laughed. "You gonna wanna drink this tea while I serve you mines," I told Josh. "Well damn. Okay," he said taking a sip, "let's talk."

I gave Janelle and Josh the run down on what transpired a few nights ago. "So what I need to know is," Josh started, "do I need to stomp a bitch down? What's up?"

"Josh I love how willing you are to stomp a bitch down, knock a bitch out, allat. Especially because it's for me, but I'm not trynna go there." Josh looked me up and down. "I don't like this pregnancy. It got you too zen."

I chuckled. "I have to think about the health of the baby. I can't just pop off like I used to."

Josh looked down at his folded hands and then back up at me. "Where is the woman who pulled out a gun on Oliver and almost pistol whipped this nigga in her walk in closet? That's the bitch I want and I'm not seeing her today? Is she here?" He said looking around the crowded café. He returned his attention back to us. "All I'm saying is that bitch Meningitis needs to get gone. You need to let all that "zen mommy" shit go and fuck her world all the way up."

Janelle cracked a smile. "And what would you like her to do," she asked leaning forward, "say 'Josh hold my baby while I go hand Mena this ass whooping?'"

"I mean. I'll hold her fucking baby," he said fiddling with his ear. Janelle and I cracked up laughing. "I am done witchu," I said standing up. "I have to go y'all. I have a class in an hour."

"Alright girl. See ya later," Janelle said standing up to hug me. Josh did the same. "Be safe."

"And no unnecessary stress," Janelle chimed in.

"Alright. Bye guys." I grabbed the rest of my belongings and headed out of the coffee shop.

I didn't know what I was going to do about Mena, if anything. I knew she wanted Kevin, but there was a part of me that wasn't worried like everyone expected me to be. I got into the car and sat my things down. I placed my phone onto the window mount and checked my phone. I had a missed call from Kevin. I dialed him back as I drove off the parking lot.

"Hey Lys," Kevin said answering the phone.

"Hey!" I said cheerfully, "What's going on? I saw you called me a little while ago."

"You didn't get my voicemail?"

"No babe. What'd it say?"

"To bring your ass home."

I scrunched up my face. "Why? What's going on?"

"We have a bit of a situation over here and I need your help."

"What kind of situation?"

"Baby, we'll discuss it when you get here. Just bring your ass home."

"I can't just come home. I have a class to get to remember?"

"Alyssa," he interjected. The tone in his voice meant that it was something serious, so I made a U-turn and headed back home.
..
"Kevin!" I called out as soon as I got in the door.