"Don't ever come late again you little shit."

Jaeyoung got slapped across the face as she had come home late, due to her afternoon beating from the people who bully her at school. Jaeyoung's mom tried to intervene, not wanting her daughter to become hurt more then she already was, since she came home with a busted lip and a black eye.
Jaeyoung stopped her mother, with a look of "it's alright." to her.

"Do you have anything to say slut?!" He father exclaimed, clearly still drunk.

"I'm s-sorry sir... I-I'll try—" Jaeyoung got slapped again, "I'll try t-to make it back early."

"You better. Now go to your room!"

Jaeyoung nodded and headed upstairs, going to her room. As soon as she closed the door, she started crying. One, because of the pain she was in, and two, because the boy didn't show up for the whole day to help her like he had promised all those years ago.

"__________. Where are you when I need you??" She called out, through sobs.

"Keep it down up there little shit!" Jaeyoung's father yelled at her.

Jaeyoung somehow does so, keeping her sobs silent. Soon, she passed out on the floor in front of her door. Little did she know, that a male was standing right outside her door, worried and praying that Jaeyoung was alright. Even without his help.

It pained him to just stand by and watch, but until Jaeyoung figured the truth, and understand why he came, then that's when he can show his true colours.

At midnight, the boy crept through the window of Jaeyoung's room while everyone was asleep, and tended to her wounds. Healing them the best he could, and the best of his ability in his form.

"There, that should be a bit better." The male smiles and wiped the girl's dried-up tears before getting up

As he backed away from the window, he watched the female sleep more peacefully then before. He smiled more before whispering a "Sleep well princess" and disappeared into the night.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jaeyoung awoke the next morning to the birds chirping. Blinded by the light from her curtains, the said female sat up from sleeping on the hard ground. Morning already? She thought and slowly stood up. Wobbling slightly, Jaeyoung stumbled to the bathroom, remembering that she didn't take care of her wounds from the day before.

But to her surprise, they were mostly healed. To the point where it could easily be covered up with a bit of makeup. She wondered how she was able to heal so quickly, forgetting about the person who made her feel down.

She pushed her wonders aside, and got ready for the day. She went back to her room and picked out her outfit before starting her morning routine; shower, brush hair/teeth, curls her hair slightly, a touch of makeup, etc.

 She went back to her room and picked out her outfit before starting her morning routine; shower, brush hair/teeth, curls her hair slightly, a touch of makeup, etc

Jaeyoung slowly came down to only see her mother sitting at the island with a cup of coffee. Jaeyoung raised an eyebrow in confusion as she walks to the kitchen.

"Morning Eomma... where's Appa?" Jaeyound asked as she grabs herself a glass of Orange Juice.

"Out." Jaeyoung's mother replied, "I couldn't care less..."

"Eomma, we should leave him. It's obvious he doesn't care about us..." Her daughter said, pouring the said juice into a small glass.

"I know but, we need the money... with out it, I can't pay for your education. I just want you to have a better life."

Jaeyoung sighed. "Eomma, you realized he might be cheating on you as well right—"

"I know." Her mom cut her off, starring at the half full cup of coffee.

Jaeyoung is quiet, shocked that is true but not surprised she found out. Her mother stays silent as she stares blankly at her mug. Jaeyoung sighs and takes a sip of her Orange Juice.

"After I graduate, I'll find a job with a good pay, and we can finally leave Appa. Just me and you." Jaeyoung smiled to her mother.

Her mother smiled at the thought of finally being free, "Yeah... that would be great.... Thank you Jaeyoung. Your the best thing that has ever happened to me." She looks up to her daughter, hope glistening in her dull eyes.

Jaeyoung set her cup down and walked over to her mother, giving her a big hug. Her mother hugged back, clinging onto her daughter like she didn't want to lose the piece of sanity she has left. They soon let go of each other.

"I'll see you later Eomma, I'll be off to school. I'll get the best education to afford a good job for the both of us. Don't lose hope. I'll get us out of this." Jaeyoung smiles, putting hope in her mother, making her mother smile more.

"Thank you Jaeyoung. I'm so glad me and you are in this for each other." Her mother says with a smile, full of hope.

Jaeyoung hugged her mother and kisses her cheek before heading off to school. Jaeyoung took a deep breath before stepping off their porch.

I'm doing this for me.
I'm doing this for her.

I'm doing this for us.
________________________________

Word count: 874

A/n: Sorry, it's a bit short