Ch7: Together, Just The Two Of Us

Spyro's pov

I woke up in a good mood today as I stretched out my wings. I walked out of my room and came face to face with Stealth elf and Eruptor. "Spyro, we need to talk" Eruptor stated.

"What's wrong? Does the skylands need saving again?" I asked, preparing to head to where they said the danger was. "No. Its about something else" Stealth elf replied.

I folded my wings and looked at them. "Your getting a bit distracted on missions" Eruptor told me. "No I'm not" I replied. "Then how do you explain all the times you've let yourself get hit because you weren't paying attention" Stealth elf asked.

"It's not a big deal. I'm just focused on training Neve. She's doing so well" I explained. "Maybe you should stop focusing on her and start concentrating on keeping the skylands safe" Stealth elf told me.

"Neve and I are the same. I can't just abandon her. We need to stick together" I told them getting defensive. "You only met her a few months ago. The skylands come first" Eruptor snapped.

"Well.... Maybe I don't want to put the skylands first. Of course you wouldn't understand. You haven't had to live your life as the last of your kind" I yelled. They were both taken by surprise as I ran past them and down the stairs.

Neve lifted her head to look at me as I flicked my tail. "Come on. Let's go somewhere" I told her. "Why? Is there something wrong?" she asked, looking around.

"No. Well maybe. Let's just go" I told her. She got off the couch and followed me outside. We used a portal to travel far away from the house then went into one of the forests.

"Why are we in the forest?" Neve asked. "Is it for training?" she added. "Yes and no. We'll be staying here for a while" I explained. She blinked a few times then looked around.

"Why aren't we going to be at the house?" she asked, tilting her head. "Some issues. Don't worry. It'll be fine after a few weeks" I replied.

"Oh. OK" she responded, looking down. "Don't be sad. We've got each other and that's what matters" I told her. She looked at me and smiled.

I held my claw up for a fist bump and she accepted. I smiled and placed one wing over her back. "With some more training, you'll be able to prove that you can be a Skylander" I told her happily.

"Right. I can help. Let's train. I want to be able to fight just like you" she cheered. "You've improved in your self confidence I see" I smiled. "I have? Really?" she asked.

"Of course. I wouldn't lie to you. We're one in the same" I reminded her. "Right. One in the same" she agreed. Her enthusiasm gave me a nice fluttering feeling but I just figured it was pride.

"Alright. Let's start training" I told her. She nodded in agreement.

***

Sorry this took so long. I've just been so busy with my exams that I haven't been able to do multiple updates at once.

I'll try and get into updating every Tuesday from now on.