18

It's been 3 months. I'm 17 weeks pregnant and honestly it sucks. I remember how much I hate it. I met my mum and she took us in. She has a daughter now. I still don't know why she gave me up but she was happy to see me. Freddie gets along with her which is the most important thing. I'm led in my bed just looking down at my stomach. My door then knocked.

"Come in" I say looking up.

My half sister Eleanor walk in with a smile. She is 12 years old and looks like me. We both look like my mum. She walked over as I smiled at her.

"Does the baby kick yet" she asked as she sat on the bed.

"A little yeah. I'm not sure you can feel it outside though" I replied as I placed my hands over my stomach to see.

"Do you want a girl or boy" she curiously asked.

"I don't mind. I think I'm giving her for adoption though. I don't think I can be a mum anymore" I say looking at the bump a little upset.

"I think you should keep it. Don't you remember how tough you said it was growing up in the system" Elenor asked getting my attention.

"Yeah I do. I'm going to pay them extra to make sure the baby has a family ready and will be adopted" I replied looking at her softly.

"What about that girl? The one you loved back home? Regina" she questioned as she looked confused at Regina's name.

"You ask lots of questions" I chuckle as I ruffled her hair. "How do you know about Regina? I didn't tell you that" I asked now smirking.

"I heard you and Freddie talking. You said it's a girl you love. I didn't know you were a lesbian" she replied with a slightly cheeky smile.

"I'm not. I'm bisexual. Yes I am in love with a woman called Regina. Well was. I'm trying to get over it now" I say with a slight chuckle as I put my arm over her shoulder.

"That's a shame. Do you have a photo of her" Elenor asked looking a little sorry for me.

I smiled slightly as I thought of all my photos I still have of her. I didn't delete any. Not yet. I remember my favourite straight away. I nod at Elenor and picked my phone up. I scrolled through and found the very first photo I took of Regina. Back when she was in the gang. I clicked on it and showed my sister the photo.

I remember catching her off guard

I remember catching her off guard. She was happy that day and it was the day I first started to fall in love with her.

"Whoa. She's stunning. Like dam she could turn me" Elenor says with a chuckle as she looked up from the photo.

"Yeah she's beautiful" I say cracking up at what she just said.

"Can I ask what happened between you two" she softly asked as I placed my phone down.

"It's a really long story. It just didn't work out" I say looking down at my stomach and thinking about Regina.

"It's a shame. She is stunning and seems nice"

"Elenor. Your dad wants you" my mum says from the doorway.

"Alright. See ya em" the young blonde said as she hopped off the bed.

Elenor ran out the room quickly to go down to her dad. My mum stepped in and smiled slightly.

"I realised I never told you the story for giving you away" she says as she walking into the room more.

"You don't have to. It's ok. I just really appreciate you letting us stay here while I'm pregnant" I replied as I stood up with a smile at her.

"It's fine I'll tell you. Sit back down" she says as she sat on the bed. I sat down next to her like she asked. "I was 16 and stupid. I went to a high school party and got really drunk. I slept with an asshole popular boy who got me pregnant. I honestly was going to get an abortion but every time I went I couldn't. I had you but no money. It would of been selfish of me to keep you. I'm so sorry"

I looked into my mums eyes and saw the slight hurt in it. I smiled slightly which made her smile.

"It's fine. I understand. You weren't ready to be a mum. I can't be a mum again but I can't let my baby go through what I did. What am I going to do" I asked now starting to look down upset.

"You can do it. Your a good mum. You know you are. I love you my daughter and I have for the past 32 years" she softly said as she held my face in her hand.

"I love you too mum. Thank you" I replied with a smile at her.

My phone then started ringing. I looked to see an unknown number ringing.

"Take your call. I'll meet you downstairs. Breakfast will be ready soon" mum says as she stood up and to the door.

"Thanks" I replied while picking the phone up. As mum left I answered the phone. "Hello? Detective swan speaking"

"Did you delete your number" a girl with a British accent asked sounding confused.

"I'm sorry. Who is this" I asked trying to think where I heard that voice from.

"Monica. Doesn't the British accent give it away" the girl replied with a chuckle.

"Got it now. Hi. What's up" I asked a little confused why she is phoning.

"I need you to come back now. Like today now" Monica asked quickly as she sounded like something was wrong.

"What? Why? I can't" I replied with a chuckle of confusion.

"Em you need to. Look I know your pregnant. Don't worry I didn't tell anyone" she says with a heavy sigh at me saying no.

"How do you know that" I asked looking shocked she just said that.

"You left for 9 months. It's was a bit obvious. You have to come back though. Regina needs you" she quickly cuts in on me.

"Why because she's sad? She shouldn't have done what she did. I'm not coming back for her" I sighed as I looked down at my baby bump.

"No Emma not for that. Regina's sick" she growled quickly before I spoke me.

"Sick? Sick how" I asked now worried something might be wrong.

"She has early stages of Alzheimer's disease which is actually possible for someone her who's 32... Emma she's gonna die" Monica replied with a cracked voice now.

"Wait what"

To be continued...