Training and Near Accidents

Selenity sighed as she managed to sneak past Solaris and her father, who were conversing together in his library. She wanted some time alone and to think of the handsome human with those green eyes. A pink hue rose to her cheeks. She never thought of a man that way before. She took a deep breath. She hadn’t realized that her heart was pounding as well. It took a few more breaths before she managed to compose herself and bring her heart rate down. It was a very good thing that she was alone; otherwise, Solaris would more than likely make a bolder move on her or, even worse, propose to her without even waiting for the tournament to end.

(Dear Selene, help me.)

The princess made her way to her personal training room. Only she was allowed to access this room, which allowed her plenty of privacy, unless she invited guests (that she could tolerate) to watch her. Solaris had made suggestions to her on more than one occasion that she should invite him to her private training room. However, he wanted more than just a show to her training since the room was so private. She would never, ever, invite that idiot into her private rooms and never will.

Selenity was glad that she made it to her private training room without being detected. Thankfully, one of her many skills involved evasion, which made it hard for anyone to track her. To most, evasion was a coward’s way out and, in most cases, it was. That was not even considered a skill and the many men in the kingdom of Lunaria looked down upon it, though they did not dare insult her and say such things to her face. Anyone who dared to insult her was left with more than just an angry mark on their faces.

The young moon princess pulled out her sword and went through various exercises she had learned over the years. She loved the feel of the weapon in her hand. She loved the power she felt as she swung it in a number of ways, imagining she was in a swordfight with an enemy. That made things that much more enjoyable. She became so involved with her training that she failed to notice that she had a certain, unwelcomed, visitor in her training room coming near her. She would have decapitated him, too, had Solaris had not blocked her attack with his own sword.

“This is my private room, Solaris.” Selenity growled. “I don’t recall inviting you in.”

“Your father told me you wouldn’t mind.” He said offhandedly.

“I assure you he is quite mistaken.”

The warrior princess allowed her father to watch her train on occasion. However, he never granted anyone—until now, that is—access to her private rooms unless he obtained permission from his daughter. He was so stuck on having her paired off with Solaris that oftentimes he overstepped his bounds and that was happening more frequently. She was surprised that he didn’t just have her marry Solaris straight away and she was thankful that he didn't.

“I sense some hostility. Why don’t you like me?”

“You’re rude, demanding, arrogant, and utterly, utterly, irritating.”

A tanned hand reached out to touch her silver locks of hair. Selenity would have hauled off on him and beat him into a bloody pulp had her father not walked in at that time. She managed to compose herself, though the angry blush on her face was still present and her fist curled into a ball.

“I’m sorry, dear,” The king apologized. “But Solaris was insisting that he see you train.”

“Quite alright, father,” Selenity replied. “But try not to send him in the middle of my training.”

“We almost had a nasty accident as you can see.” Solaris added.

“Quite.” The king said.

(Accident my foot.) The princess thought. (It was a premeditated murder in the works.)