Epilogue

The warrior princess was now a warrior queen. She sat at her throne with two little bundles in her arms. It didn’t take much to convince her late father to make that happen. Her crowning as queen and sole ruler came as a surprise and a welcome change in Lunarian society. It was the first time in several millennia that a woman came into power (and without a consort no less). It would be several years before men would accept women as equals and Selenity was quite aware of this fact. The one change that she saw almost immediately was that women were asserting their independence and they were boldly injecting themselves into society. She sighed in contentment.

The one thing that I wanted to change is happening. She thought.

Her father put her into power for another reason as well—well, to be more precise, there were two other reasons why she was put into power. She had been pregnant with two beautiful infants and gave birth to them nine months after the tournament. The two were born only within minutes of each other. Her youngest child, a daughter, took after Jake. She had inherited his attractive jade-green eyes and his black locks of wavy hair. The new queen decided to name her pretty daughter, Serenity, after her grandmother. Her eldest child, a son named Endo, took after his father as well, inheriting his blonde locks of hair and green eyes. Selenity and her father realized when she gave birth that she had dealt with a double pregnancy, which was not common, but not completely unheard of in their culture. However, what was rare was that she gave birth to half-human, half-lunarian children. Hybrids were rare across the universe, although there were a few such amazing and wonderful creatures in existence on record. Selenity looked at her children.

“You two are amazing.”

Jake and Will received the news of the warrior queen’s double pregnancy before the moon king’s passing. They had been with the president, telling him of their experience of the tournament of warriors, when the message was delivered to them. They hadn’t been planning on telling him about their affair with the princess, either. Unfortunately, a member of the Secret Service was forced to let it slip due to the president being rather nosy about certain things. The older man just stared at them before saying:

“No wonder getting that alliance was so easy.”

The two men just prayed that the president didn’t want to meet the children.