Face Off

The warrior princess said nothing of her encounter with Solaris to neither Willis brother that had occurred a week ago. She knew that they would worry about her instantly and, quite recently, they started getting rather possessive of her. She didn’t mind that they were getting possessive. She loved it, actually, but they needed to focus on their impending fight with Solaris. She told Jake of her visit to see his brother and promised him that she hadn’t used any of her power on him, nor Blue. The lunar princess had decided to visit the young Mercurian boy that same night, only to find a very attractive Mercurian girl at his side and stroking his soft hair. The girl had quickly curtsied to her and introduced herself as Alera. She had beautiful pale blue hair and a sweet, round face, with lovely lavender eyes to boot. Alera had been tending to her new found love and healing his wounds.

“You take care of him.” Selenity said with a smile. "He needs you."

The warrior moon princess stood with her two lovers as her father announced the battle royal to the crowd. She quickly gave them both a peck on their lips before the two Earth warriors entered the arena. Solaris gave the two men a wicked grin as they faced one another. Selenity shifted uncomfortably, although she kept her face blank, as the solar king’s set his lustful gaze on her.

“Begin!” The moon king shouted.

Roars of excitement erupted as Solaris and the brothers lunged at each other. Will and Jake had agreed before the start of the match that they would both take on the solar king first before they would face off with each other. They knew they had a far better chance than taking him on individually.

“Don’t disappoint me.” Will had said to his older brother.

“Same to you, bro.” Jake replied.

The two brothers each launched a punch at the solar king who quickly blocked it. Their speed increased with each punch and kick exchanged. The moon king was astounded with what he was seeing before his eyes. The humans he had seen participate in the past never had never displayed such speed and such power. He looked at his daughter, whose blue eyes were fixated on her lovers, and smiled at her. She knew her heart’s desires and it was clear that she desired them. He would make it his mission to get personally acquainted with them and try to see what she saw in them.

“Do you fools think you can beat me?” Solaris sneered. “You’re only humans with enhanced abilities.”

Will threw a punch into the ground, splitting it wide open in order to trap Solaris in a fissure. He jumped high up into the air and landed right behind Jake, who tried to respond to his presence. He punched him into a wall, but his brother responded with a roundhouse kick. The solar king blocked it but the force behind the kick pushed him backwards a little.

Selenity gasped when she saw Jake crash into the wall but was relieved when she saw him pull himself out of the rubble. The fight was intensifying by the minute for Jake started forming a red energy ball in his hand. The princess saw how small it was but she knew that it packed a powerful punch. The energy ball connected with its target, but Will sent an energy ball of his own to make sure the solar king stayed down.

“Solaris has gone down for the first time in centuries!” The king exclaimed.

The crowd was equally stunned. They, too, have never seen anyone take out Solaris before, much less humans. Their respect for the two Earth warriors grew and their desire to see an exciting fight grew even more.

“It’s just you and me, brother.” Jake said.

The two men took on their fighting stances.