Rejection and Ice Cream

"Thanks for the movie Cameron." I say smiling.

"Hey no problem Haley." he says smiling back as we walk out of the movie theater. He took me to go see some random crappy comedy, claiming it would cheer me up. Despite the terrible acting and the cheesy lines, it wasn't half bad. It made me forget about Griffin for a while.

"You will come out and see a taping sometime won't you?" He asks
"Sure." I say back blushing.

He gives me a hug and when he lets go, I miss the warmth of his embrace.

"You're beautiful Haley, and if your boyfriend doesn't see it, then he is blind.

Suddenly our faces are inches apart, I lean in. Our lips meet for a moment before he pulls away sharply.

"What was that about Haley, I just met you today." he says, the words are spoken sweetly but each one stings. I shouldn't have done that.

"Sorry." I mumble then turn around and walk the other way. I turn on my phone and text my mom to come and pick me up.

"Haley wait." Cameron says.

I turn around to face him.

He embraces me in another hug.

"I don't want you to hurt yourself." He says. Cameron turns and walks away before I can say anything else.

What did he mean by that?

~~~~~~~~~~~

"Yes, I'll be alright mom."
"Are you sure? Breakups are hard." my mom says standing in the doorway.

"Yeah mom, he was a douche anyways.". My mom nods and then leaves shutting the door behind her. a few seconds later there's another knock.
"Can I come in?" My 12 year old sister says.

"Sure Cara." I say. She opens the door with giant grocery bags in her arms.

She dumps the bag on my double sized bed and shuts the door. Cara rushes back over to my bed and says
"I brought you some ice cream, chips and candy and some of your favorite disney movies." she says

"And where did you get this stuff?"

"While mom was talking to you about your breakup for like an hour I ran down the the convenience store."

"But that's almost a mile away!"

"I'm pretty fast." She says grinning. I give her a big hug and then start eating a tub of ice cream while cara puts a movie in my little tv I got for my birthday last month, July 17.

Cara snuggles up to me.
"Cara guess who I met at the mall.

"Who?"

"Cameron Boyce."

Her eyes grow wide.
"Seriously! Did you guys hang out?"
"Yeah, we went to a movie. He also invited me to a taping of Jessie, if you wanna go I'll just text him." I say trying to forget about the rejection and my stupidity.
"Yes yes yes please!!!!" She screams.
"I'll text him tomorrow ok?"
"Fine, but I can't believe you got his number!" She squeals. I give her a hug, she's the best sister in the world.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Yay chapter 2!

Just in case you guys are confused it takes place in LA.

Love you guys 😘😘

Comment.Vote. Share

~Emmalee