Chapter 1

Tom sat on the floor, he stared at the yellowly stained carpet which once upon a time had been grey. 

He clutched the Smirnoff bottle to his chest, the slosh of liquid was loud in comparison to the quiet night.

Tom felt sad, he had no idea why but after Tord had left he spiraled into depression and even the brightest colors now seemed dull and grey. Tom shook his head and turned to the wall, a peeling ASDF poster hung there, he glanced around at the scene before him. 

Clothes lay messily on the floor and empty glass bottles were scattered lazily on his bed and under it, Tom groaned and tried to stand but fell down again instantly.

His legs had gone numb after sitting on the floor for so long "EDDDDDDDDD" he whined, Edd came running from the other room "Yes Tom?" he said smiling softly despite the depressing atmosphere in the room "I need help, my legs have gone to sleep" Tom said grumpily. 

Edd chuckled and helped Tom up, Tom wrinkled his nose at the smell of Edds hoodie "why does your hoodie smell funny?" Edd smiled "uuh, maybe because it's washed?" Tom blushed with embarrassment and looked away "I'll start washing mine, I promise."

 Edd nodded and smiled again, he looked like he was going to say something, but before he could, Matt burst into the room. "GUYS, GUYS!!" he yelled, Tom groaned "Shhh" he said, Matt grinned "There's a sale at the mall! We should go!"

 Tom shook his head slowly "no thanks", but as he turned away Edd grabbed his hand "please Tom" he said quietly, Tom saw how desperate he looked and sighed "fine, but only for a little bit". 

Then he gasped as Edd suddenly hugged him "thanks Tom!" Even after Edd and Matt left his room, Tom still felt wrong, he hated hugs and couldn't seem to get used to them no matter how much he tried.

 Tom grabbed his phone off his bedside table "guess we're going to the mall then" he muttered.