Chapter 9

Tord sighed, Tom had been in his room for hours. As soon as they got back home, Tom excused himself saying he had a headache but Tord knew he was lying. Thoughts ran through his head in a frantic whirlpool, he stared in at the rain pelting outside the window. He sat on the brown couch, feeling the soft material shift underneath him. He just wanted to escape, to get away from all his problems.

He knew there was only one way he might get Tom to talk to him, he quietly got up and headed towards the kitchen where Edd and Matt were having a vibrant conversation "guys, I'm going to the store" he said. He grabbed his keys off the bench and checked his pocket for his wallet, Edd frowned "at this late at night?" he said. Tord turned slightly to face him "yes" he answered quietly, his footsteps muffled on the carpet as he left the room.

The rain crashed against the windscreen, unlike before it gave Tord a slight peace of mind. He parked in the parking lot and stepped out of the car, he smirked upon hearing the satisfying beep of the car lock. 

His smile faded when a memory hit him full force. It was a rainy kind of drizzly evening in Norway. Pau and Pat smiling at their small son sitting in the back of the car fidgeting. He was their sunshine, they're little light and they loved him dearly. The happy couple and their tiny devil haired son walked through the parking lot, almost like a scene from a movie. 

Tord didn't know he was crying until wetness hit his palm, he hated crying but the thought that that was never to be again brought him over the edge. His parents hated him, they would never forgive him for what he did. But if he couldn't fix one relationship then he could at least make a start on building another one.

The supermarket was bland and boring, the occasional light flicker or the fart, yawn and burp of some person in a dressing gown depressed Tord slightly. He took a deep breath and walked down the aisle. Then he spied what he was looking for, A grin broke out on his face.

A skinny, pasty dark-haired girl was working the checkout. Her black painted nails shined under the fluorescent light, Tord could here a faint tune coming from her earbuds. He hummed along quietly, the girl noticed and smirked: "you don't look like an MCR fan" she said coyly. Tord smiled wistfully "I have a friend who does" he stated, the girl raised her eyebrow at the bottle of alcohol on the conveyor belt. Tord shrugged, he put his hands in his hoodie pockets and stared at the ceiling "I wonder what Tom's up to" he thought as he drifted off into space for that brief second.