Chapter 8

"so..." Tord said, he scratched the back of his head in an awkward manner. Tom tried not to giggle, Tord was extremely embarrassed about stuttering and he didn't quite know what to talk about with Tom "hows Susan?" he said. Tom rolled his eyes "hey Tord" he said, Tord looked up "yes?" he asked. Tom smiled "could you hold this for me?" he said, Tord looked puzzled "hold wh-" he was saying before Tom's soft, warm hand intertwined with his own. Tord gasped and blushed bright red "Tom?" he said, Tom hummed and looked off into the distance. He remembered a time when he had hated Tord for leaving, but then he slowly came to realize that he only hated the idea of Tord leaving and missed him very much. 

Now Tord was back he finally had a chance to express himself so that Tord wouldn't leave again, Tom knew he was selfish to think that but he didn't care. 

Tord swallowed the lump in his throat "why are you doing this?" he said, Tom looked up at him and shook his head lightly "I don't quite know" he said. Tord looked off into the distance " I missed you ya know" he said quietly, his accent thickening over some words.

Tom's eyes widened in surprise "really?" he questioned, Tord nodded and sighed "you know what" he said, his voice got quieter with every word. Tom just looked at him in wonder, Tord stopped walking and turned towards Tom. He grabbed his chin and tilted it upwards, Tom blushed bright red "Knulle det" Tord said, his lips inched closer and closer to Toms with every heartbeat, his face was a hazy pink too. 

Their breath mingled and danced together, alcohol and cigarette's mixing in a fruity smell. Tom closed his eyes as a strange feeling fluttered in his heart... "HEY TOM" the two jumped apart as if they had been struck with lightning.

 Matt waved from across the street,  Matt and Edd were sitting in the old red car across the road. Edd was grinning wildly and Matt was smiling "shit," Tom said under his breath. He grabbed the sleeve of Tord's hoodie and dragged him across the road, they got to the car (Tord almost tripping over the curb in the process of Tom dragging him aggressively).  

They got in the car, the rusty car doors squeaking as they did, Tom huffed and sat away from Tord. Edd grinned and looked towards the backseat, "I knew it" he said, Matt stared at him "I wish it was us" he thought.