Chapter 12

Edd's shoes splashed in the mud, he had just pulled up to the house. Matt and he were very tired from the party they went to last night, (one of Matts old mates threw a party to celebrate guy Fawkes night). 

 Edd stretched and skipped up to the front door, Matt was trudging slowly behind him and for once the ginger didn't say anything at all when they went past the window. "wow Matt, you must feel like shit if you won't even check your reflection in the window" Edd chuckled. Matt only nodded sourly and waited for him to open the door.

Edd was too tired to announce his arrival, he just hoped Tord wasn't doing anything inappropriate in the other room. 

After half an hour of them watching TV, Edd was a little suspicious so he crept towards the door. "Tord" he rapped on the wood softly, he doubted Tom would be home yet. He was always staying over at a ladies house or asleep in some alleyway (despite Edds best efforts to scold him), when Tord didn't answer he pushed the door open.

Edd gasped "MATT!" he whisper-yelled, Matt groaned "what Edd?" he stomped over to the room. "this better be imp-" he stopped mid-sentence and stared, a brief silence continued before Edd muttered "well ok" and he beckoned Matt to leave the room, both of them were smiling and giggling. Edd even took a few photos (for blackmail and shipping as he told Matt).

When Tord walked into the lounge later, there was a lot of giggles and whispering. He sat on the couch and rubbed his bleary eyes, Edd sat on the seat next to him. A Cheshire cat-like grin on his face, "soooo... how was your sleep Tord" he said. 

Tord looked him with an unamused look "what do you want" Edd's grin got even wider "was it... warm in your bed?" he was on the verge of bursting out laughing when he saw the confusion on Tords face "I don't get it" Tord said. 

Edd sighed, then he turned to Matt and nodded. Matt smiled "uh hey Todd, wheres Tom?" he said. Tord groaned "ITS TORD", after a few minutes he realized what Matt had asked "And how should I know where he is?!" he got grumpy with them, it was too early in the morning for interrogation. 

Edd's face was sore from how much he was grinning "well... that's not what I SAW" he waved a photo around, Tord marched over and grabbed the photo "WHAT IS I-" his eyebrows shot up and his mouth was agape.

Realization hit Tord like a brick, "Faen" he whispered. And right on que, Tom walked in, everybody turned to face him. Edd with a tyrannical smirk, Matt with a camera and Tord blushing bright red.

 "what's happening here?" Tom said, Tord practically jumped off the couch with the photo scrunched in his hand "its too early for this shit" he muttered, slamming his bedroom door. 

Tom stood there awkwardly "sooo" he said, Edd and Matt just looked at him.  Until Edd sighed and took something out of his pocket "Tom, what I am about to show you is why Tord was so grumpy" he smirked. 

Tom nodded "okay" then he snatched the thing out of Edd's hand,  after a few seconds of focusing on the image.

 He gasped, it was a slightly grainy photo of Tord snuggled up next to him on his bed. Tord had a sleepy smile on his face and he was clinging to Tom as if his life depended on it. Tom stared at the picture, Tord looked so beautiful in the morning light,  asleep he looked so fragile and innocent. Without realizing it, a goofy smile had crept on to Tom's face. 

Edd and Matt stared at Tom in shock, Matt leaned over to whisper in Edd's ear "I didn't even know his face could do that!" Edd was too surprised to say anything back, he had never seen this side of Tom. It made him wonder if Tord stuck around that they might see more of that smile...