chapter 4

Tom looked at the scenery as the car sped by, blurry trees and houses melted together into one big blur. He smiled as the chilled night air swept across his face and in his hair, the moon was big and yellow. Like a giant painted blob in the sky, Tom could only stare in wonder at the natural beauty in front of him.

"You okay there Tom" Edd called from the front seat, Tom turned to look at the front and saw a worried looking Matt next to Edd leaning over in his seat "I'm all good guys," Tom said, Matts eyebrows creased in a frown "you sure?" he said.

 Tom nodded at him, Matt sighed and went back to admiring himself in the mirror he had stored away in the glove box. Edd looked at Tom through the rearview mirror "I hope he is ok" he whispered to himself, gripping the steering wheel tightly.

The porch light was on, the glow lit up the front lawn. Moths swirled and fluttered around the yellow light, the boys hopped out of the car, Tom being the last one to get to the front door "jeez why so fast guys" Tom joked.

 Edd chuckled lightly "were not fast, your just slow" he mocked Tom. Matt rolled his eyes at both of them, he was going to say something before he remembered what something else "Guys!" he said excitedly, Tom turned to face Matt "what is it matt?" He said curiously.

 Edd also had a suspicious look on his face "Yeah" he said, gesturing for Matt to continue. Matt dug around in the shopping bag he had placed on the kitchen counter, he grunted and mumbled for a few seconds, his eyes lit up when his hand felt what he was looking for "Yes, I got it" he said loudly. Then he pulled out a movie case "let's watch insane zombie pirates from hell 5" he grinned happily. 

~~~TIMESKIP~~~

Halfway through the movie, Matt had fallen asleep. Edd was resting next to him quietly, he had a small smile on his face and he was running his fingers through Matts' hair. Tom saw the two out of the corner of his eye, an amused smile made itself present on his face. He thought that they were a very cute couple, none the less he felt slightly empty inside at the thought of relationships.

 Tom had the feeling that there was no one for him and he would someday die all alone, those thoughts made Tom sad so he prefered not to think about love and couples in general.

Tom was pulled from his thoughts by the sound of the doorbell, his eyebrows creased together "Who could it be at this hour " he wondered to himself. He glanced over at Edd when he realised the cola lover hadn't gotten up to answer the door. He was fast asleep cuddled up to Matt "cute" Thought Tom.

He trudged over to the door and swung it open, but what he saw was not what he was expecting "Hello Thomas" a thick Norwegian accent flooded Toms' ears. 

He gasped and stared "TORD?!" he shouted "no its the Russian mafia... OF COURSE, IT'S ME TOM" Tord said with a smirk on his face. Tom rolled his eyes "yup it's commie alright" he muttered to himself, suddenly Tord started laughing, Tom looked at him properly for the first time. 

He was a bit taller than he was before and his face had changed shape slightly, his eyes seemed more silver and his hair looked fluffier. Tom was at loss for words for a second until he realized Tord was still laughing "what's so funny?" Tom said, clearly annoyed. Tord looked over at him and grinned "nice hoodie" he winked, Tom went red as a tomato "y-yeah so, I l-like red too" he said, silently cursing his stutter.

Tord's smirk grew wider and he just ruffled Toms hair "hate to say it Tommy but I even missed you," he said softly. Tom shook his head, clearly bewildered at the friendly action. "Tord...?" Tom looked behind him to see Edd standing in the doorway with a shocked look on his face "ah Edd, so nice to see you" Tord said, his accent thickening over some words. 

Edd ran to him in an embrace, the two hugged for a second, then Matt came into the room "Todd??" he said. "Tord" Tord deadpanned, Edd laughed and shook his head. "So what brings you here?" Edd said Tord smiled "I just got back from the big city and well I know this might be a bother but... I need a place to stay?" he said, his voice got quieter with every word. 

Edd's smile lit up the room like the sun "Of course you can stay!" he shouted and hugged Tord again, Tord blushed of embarrassment as he is not a very affectionate person. Tom coughed, "uh so where will commie be staying?" he asked, Edd smirked slyly "well... since your old room in an indoor swimming pool so you moved into his, you two will have to share" Edd finished.

Tom growled "No," he said as he started walking away "well... I guess I will have to take all the Smirnoff I bought back to the store" Edd fake sighed. Tom spun back around at lightning speed "fine, just don't take the Smirnoff back to the store" he said hastily, Edd laughed "this is going to be interesting" he thought.