Chapter 6

Red Velvet Cupcakes

"Everything set?"

Kino and I are currently in the market to buy the ingredients for the cupcakes we'll be making.

"Wait." he ran towards an aisle and later came back with two bottles of strawberry milk.

He smiled widely. "Of course we shouldn't forget your favorite."

I grinned. He really knows me well.

We payed for the stuff we bought and walked to our neighborhood.

"What came to your mind that you wanna make cupcakes?"

"I want to try something new. I mean, our bonding is always a movie marathon or eating outside."

"Aww!" I put my arm around his shoulder. But since he is tall, it's kinda difficult.

"Seorin can't reach me!" he playfully said and sticked out his tongue.

I just pouted at him and rolled my eyes which made him chuckle. He then put his arm around my shoulder while the other one was holding the stuff we bought.

"There, so that you won't need to reach high."

I rolled my eyes once again and smiled at him.

When we reached his house, I left my bag on the sofa and proceeded to the kitchen with him.

I made him wear a pink apron that has small cupcakes as a design.

"It suits you you know? You look cute." I bursted out laughing while tying the apron's string on his back.

He pouted, making him cuter.

"Then you should wear this apron as well." he said showing me another pink apron like his but has teddy bears as a design.

I nodded and wore the apron.

"Now let's do this." he rubbed his hands excitedly.

Kino was mixing the batter like I told him when I received a text from Hongseok.

Hongseok:
where you at?

I glanced at Kino who was mixing seriously.

I smirked and took a photo of him and sent it to Hongseok.

Seorin:
I'm at Kino's, we're baking cupcakes uwu

"Less texting, more baking Seorin."

I was about to go when Hongseok replied.

Hongseok:
have fun >;)

We baked the cupcakes and now we have to decorate.

I handed him a piping bag and taught him how to pipe the icing.

We had made a dozen when he suddenly smeared some icing on my cheek.

My eyes widened due to shock, as he laughed.

And while he was laughing, I put some on his nose.

I quickly took a picture of him, his face was shocked and the tip of his nose had icing.

I smirked and turned to put my phone on the counter when he back hugged me.

I thought he was just being sweet like his normal self, but little did I know that he would smear icing on my face.

He laughed out loud. His laugh was so sweet and contagious that I didn't realize I was laughing too.

We were still laughing when we heard a knock. Kino opened the door, with icing still on his nose, and was shocked to see his bandmates Shinwon, Jinho, and Changgu.

Changgu bursted out laughing. "What you doing, dude?"

He let them in and washed his face at the sink. I also cleaned myself and finished decorating the cupcakes.

"Hi Seorin!" Jinho greeted and waved at me. I waved back and smiled.

I find Jinho really cute, he's bandmates are tall while he looks.. well short.

But his vocals and high notes are really really good. I could spend a day listening to his covers.

As Kino went back to the kitchen, I noticed that his ears were red. My lips curved into a smile.

I was about to wash the utensils we used when Kino stopped me. "I'll do that. Go seat with them on the living room."

I walked to the living room and saw Shinwon smile at me, while Jinho and Changgu waved.

I seated at the vacant seat across them and opened my phone. I saw a text from Hongseok saying that he would come over since he was bored.

Then there was a knock on the door, I opened and saw Hongseok holding a box of pizza.

We sat at the sofa as I put the pizza on the table.

"Hongseok, right?" Shinwon asked.

Hongseok nodded at him.

"I heard that your voice is awesome."

I smirked. He hasn't mention this to us yet.

He was about to say something when Kino interrupted.

"Yeah, his lvoice is really awesome." he smirked while holding a tray of the red velvet cupcakes we made.

Hongseok glared at him.

"Nice, we have food." Changgu commented.

"You made this?" Jinho asked Kino as he took a bite of the cupcake. "Tastes good!"

Kino smiled proudly. "Yup! With the help of Seorin." he put his arm around my shoulder.

I smiled proudly at them, praying that they won't notice my cheeks turning red. I'm not really good at taking compliments.

They took a bite of the cupcakes we made and complimented me and Kino.

We also ate the pizza Hongseok brought and talked about random things, like their band.

Shinwon wanted Hongseok to join their band since he kinda likes Hongseok's voice.

Each member can write songs. Their band posts their covers and some songs composed by Kino on the internet.

They would also do some dance cover sometimes. With Kino mostly being their leader and choreographer.

It was dark when they decided to head home. "Think about it Hongseok, just tell Kino if you have decided."

They waved at us as they left. Leaving Hongseok, Kino, and I on the living room.

"I got to go as well. I'll think about the offer." Hongseok patted Kino's shoulder.

"Thanks for the time and food!" he said as he left.

"So." I cleared my throat. "What are we gonna do now?"

Kino shrugged. "How about stargazing at my terrace?"