Chapter 22

Valencia POV

Pain. Was all could feet at this moment. I immediately left the room, not wanting to show him any emotions. I should've known the second when he mentioned all of his past "relationships."

Bumping into Jaxxon, as he was waiting outside the room.

"You okay?" He asks.

"Why don't you ask him." I say, my face evident with disgust when mentioning his name. I push past him, as he enters Zayd's room. Walking toward the elevator, exiting, I pass by the reciptionist ducking her head when sees me.

It starts pouring rain outside, as soon as I leave the hospital.

"Great." I whisper sighing.

Running toward my car, shutting the door and try to dry myself.

But stop when I hear a buzzing from my back pocket. Furrowing my brows, I pull out my phone and look down to see the caller id. .

"James Patterson"

Jaxxon POV

Walking into Zayd's room, with a puzzled look as I notice that his eyebrows furrowed with a pained expression.

"Fought again?" I ask.

He shakes his head, still lost in his thoughts.

"I broke up with her." He says devoid of any emotion.

"What? Zayd are you okay?" I reply shocked.

"I'm fine, I just realized that she wasn't the one."

It's obvious that he was lying, but I didn't want to pry it out of him. Something had obviously happened between them, otherwise he wouldn't have even been in a relationship with her. Nodding my head, I decide to change the subject and leave it alone.

Valencia POV

I hesitate before answering the call.

"Hey, James." I say with an unexpected crack in my voice.

"Are you okay?" James asks worriedly.

"Yeah fine, I totally didn't just get dumped." I reply.

"Where are you?"

"I'll be home in 5 minutes."

"Perfect. I'll be there in 10."

"Ok. bye" I smile. He was always so thoughtful.

Arriving home, I gather my hair into a messy bun and put on an oversized hoodie with shorts. Looking down, I notice that I was in Zayd's hoodie. Quickly removing it, I run down the stairs with just a sports bra as rage takes over me.

Turning on the fireplace, I throw the sweatshirt and watch as flames lick all over it. The doorbell rings, running over to it without realizing what I'm wearing.

I open the door to be greeted by James.He holds chocolates, tub of ice cream and a huge teddy bear. Looking up at him, I notice a long scar running down his left eyebrow down to his neck. Studying his face, I realize that the scar makes him look more attractive.

He holds a shocked expression when he notices what I'm wearing. Smiling, I step aside and let him enter.

"What is that smell." He asks with his thick accent, as he crinkles his nose.

"My ex's sweatshirt."

He stares at me with a puzzled look.

"Which is currently in fire." I add