𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑶𝒏𝒆 "𝑫𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝑫𝒓𝒐𝒐𝒍"

𝑫𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝑫𝒓𝒐𝒐𝒍

𝑱 𝑨 𝒀 𝑳 𝑬 𝑬 𝑵

Today is the day I've been dreading since I found out TWO weeks ago. My dad is getting married in a month, so in three weeks I'll have a new step mother. And she has a son. Great. Don't get me wrong she's a nice girl, but I am gonna have to uproot my entire life. We have to move all the way to Hawaii, we lived in Texas. I've only met her once. ONCE. I guess my dad met the 'love of his life' on one of his many business trips to Hawaii. And he couldn't spend another day without her, stupid? Yeah that's what I thought. I have to think positive thoughts, as long as my dad his happy right?

"You ready hun", my dad calls

"Yeah", I grumble taking a last look at the home where I grew up. Said my first words, took my first steps. At least my last year of high school was over. It was finally summer.

"Great, our flight is in twenty minutes so we better get going".

"Goodbye. I'll miss you", I mouthed saying my last goodbyes to my home I grew up in.

...

The moment I got off the plane I knew I would not like this. The air felt different. Smelled different. I get it I'm being dramatic, but I never left Texas at all. Everything felt different.

"Hun we gotta go", my dad broke me out of my thoughts, I just nodded and followed him.

..

"Okay here we are", my dad said turning off the car.

I have to admit it was a nice beach house, beautiful windows, huge deck. It was massive as well. It was black with brown details. It looked modern yet still rustic.

 It looked modern yet still rustic

"James", I head her call. She ran up to my father and gave him a warm welcoming embrace. My dad kissed her cheek. "Hey Jayleen", she beamed and gave me a hug. Jessica was a beautiful woman. She had long blond hair, always perfectly curled. Her skin was a golden tan, kinda like the ones in the movies. Her eyes were a crystal shade of blue. Like my dad really found someone great.

"Oh hey", I hugged her back awkwardly.

"Jayleen you look so beautiful", she complimented me.

"Thank you. I love your dress", I complimented back. It really was cute tho it was a peach lacy summer dress.

"Well come on, let's get you guys settled in", she smile and grabs my bags for me. I really have to admit she's super nice.

While we walked inside the house my dad and Jessica were just talking about what we will be doing today. She thought it would be perfect to have dinner at this place called The Original Roy's. I guess it is one of the best restaurants in the area.