Chapter 63

Six months later...
My dress was huge and I was so nervous, this was real; I was getting married. I was almost positive I was going to mess this up in some way shape or form. I'm pacing back and forth, the first time I did this it didn't go well. I love Maxon, I do. It's just that after what happened with Tyler, I'm scared.
"Lady America," a maid says.
"Yes," I say.
"It's time," she says.
"Thank you," I say.
I walk out and stand at the church doors where all my family is waiting.
"America calm down your shaking," May says as soon as she sees me.
"That's exactly what I wanted to hear," I say.
"This is going to be perfect I promise you," May gives me a reassuring squeeze and walks back to her place in line.
"Your majesty," Aspen teases as he comes to stand next to me.
"That's what everyone is going to call me huh," I say.
"Get used to it," he says. "Are you ready?"
"As ready as I can be," I say and smile a nervous smile.
"Don't worry," he says and offers me his arm.
The music starts to play and my family starts to file in. It's almost my turn and Aspen grabs my hand and gives it a reassuring squeeze before we walk into the church. We tried to keep the wedding small, but there are still hundreds of people here. I can't see Maxon yet, but I know I'll be less worried as soon as I can see his face. I smile at people and at the cameras and I'm trying to focus on my steps and smiling. Then I look up and I see him. He looks cute in his suit and I can see the love in his eyes. As we reach him Aspen gives my hand to Maxon, and I kiss Aspen on the cheek.
"We are gathered here today," the priest starts, but then I ignore him and focus on Maxon.
———————————————-
At the reception, I'm surrounded my all of mine and Macon's favorite foods. I'm putting my fifth strawberry tart in my mouth when Maxon says, "come dance with me."
"But the food," I say.
"Okay, but I need to dance with my wife more than once by the end of the night."
"I'll see if I can fit it in," I tease and Maxon smiles and shakes his head.
"Please try your hardest," he says and sits down next to me.
"Are you enjoying all the food darling?"
"Mmm you'll have to roll my out of here," I say.
After I eat all my food, I grab his hand and lead him on to the floor.
"I'm glad I finally got my dance," He says as he pulls me closer.
"Hey I was always going to dance with you, just after the food."
I'm so close to him that I feel him laugh, which makes me smile too.
"So where are we going on our honeymoon?" I ask.
"I told you it's a surprise," Maxon says.
"And I told you, I hate surprises."
I feel rather than see him smile.
"You'll like this one," he says.
We dance for a lot of the night and I haven't felt this happy in a long time.
"I'm so excited for the rest of our lives," Maxon whispers into my ear.
"Me too," I say.
He wraps his arms around me, and I return the gesture.
"I love you," he whispers in my ear.
"I love you too," I whisper and he kisses me. Even though I've had hardships with my baby and Tyler, I knew I was just getting to the best part of my life.
Guys two more chapters!!!!