School pt. 3

“Luke?! Do you know where Calum is? I’ve been looking around for him for forever and I have no idea where the heck he is and my teacher thinks I’m in the bathroom and I know Calum isn’t in his class because I’m in his or technically he’s in mine but I guess it’s the same thing I could just say that we’re in the same cl-“

   Luke rolled his eyes and cut Ashton off. “Shut up, Ashton.” Ashton fake pouted in response. Luke smiled and pat the defender’s back. “I’ll give you props for the speech though.”

   Ashton beamed. Luke went on with a smirk. “I mean, you must really like Calum if you can go on and on and on and on and on-“

   “I get it, Luke.” Ashton huffed, pinks turning a deep shade of red, pushing Luke and making his way to the nearest bathroom.

   He walked for about a minute before he noticed that Luke was walking patiently behind him. He raised an eyebrow and gave Luke a weird look. Luke simply shrugged, the simple gesture showing off his new Blink 182 shirt.

   He had been awfully proud of himself when he saw it at Hot Topic and impulse bought it. Not the first time it had happened.

   Ashton rolled his eyes at Luke’s pride that practically seeped from his skin. Ashton was sure that if he had reached over and touched his arm, he would have felt honey secreting from Luke’s tan skin. Ashton shivered. The thought thoroughly creeped him out.

   He wasn’t sure, though, whether he was creeped out because he had imagined Luke with a syrup like substance dripping from his elbow, or because he felt as if pride was perfectly represented by honey.

  “You know you’re jealous, Ash.” Luke said, jabbing Ashton’s side.

   Ashton swatted at Luke’s hand and groaned in response. When he went out of class to look for Calum, he hadn’t expected to end up with a bathroom buddy instead.

   “c’mon, Luke. We’ve got to find Calum before the teacher pitches a fit.” Luke laughed at Ashton’s seriousness. He knew exactly where Calum was.

   Ashton narrowed his eyes at the lip-ringed boy. “What do you know, Hemmings?” Luke simply smiled, and, shaking his head, ‘zipped’ his lips. Ashton simply rolled his eyes in response, but couldn’t help the small smile that appeared.

                                                                      ~~~~

    After a good six minutes of fast walking, the two blondes had already checked all of the bathrooms in the building.

   Ashton was at loss for where else to check.

   He looked over at Luke, his bottom lip pulled between his teeth and his top lip, and asked in the sweetest voice he could muster; “Pretty please with Michael on top.”

   Luke sighed jokingly, as if he were thinking about a tough decision. Finally, he let out the longest sigh he could breathe out.

   “Fine.” He said as if he were a child that had just gotten beat in tug of war. Ashton cheered, and threw his hands up in celebration.

   Luke held up his finger. “If,” Ashton whined. “You tell your teacher and the rest of your class it took you so long to go to the bathroom because you had to help Calum with his digestive problem.”

   Ashton giggled and nodded, agreeing to go along with anything that had the potential to embarrass the dark haired boy whose name makes Ashton’s stomach erupt in a field of grasshoppers jumping anxiously around.

   Luke smiled triumphantly, and gestured with his hand for the other Australian to follow him down the pale cream walled hallways.

   The lockers were bright red, probably because the staff wanted nothing more but than to give the students false hope.

   Or it could have been because it was so bright it had the potential to blind a teen that had just woken up.

   Random papers stuck out of most lockers, probably last night’s homework assignments, and there was the occasional backpack string that just didn’t quite make it into the locker in the kid’s attempt to get to class without being late again.

   It was a nice few minute walk to get to the destination burrowed in a comfortable blanket of silence between the two boys, who had completely different objectives in their mission.

   Ashton’s was to find Calum and make sure that he was okay and not hurt.

  Luke’s was to embarrass the heck out of a Calum who would no doubt be red faced soon.

  And when the two finally arrived at the library, Ashton burst through the door, causing the old librarian to shush him.

  He shushed her back.

  When Ashton Fletcher Irwin sets his mind to something, he was completely focused on the thing he wanted, and nothing could make his mind waver away from that certain objective.

  So, in that moment, Ashton was focused on his objective.

  So, Ashton was focused on Calum, who hadn’t been bothered to look up when he heard the door be opened who had his nose stuck into a novel that went by the title;

  How to Be a Romantic for the Socially Awkward and Nerds.

*************************************************************************************

AN: OH MY GOSH LOVELIES THIS HIT 3K AND I’M CRYING AWW

I love you guys so much and this has become very repetitive but ya’ know…

I lost my indention skills but it’s all good… :P

I tried to make this long for 3k. :D

You are so beautiful my heart can’t take it.

   -ALYSSA THE ADVENTURER