School pt. 2

Michael smirked and walked towards the seat Luke sat at. Luke swallowed his pride and was about to speak when the abrupt sound of the bell cut him off.

   The smirk never fell, and stayed ever-present on Michael’s face throughout the teacher’s calling role.

   “And who are you?” The teacher asked, turning her attention to Michael once she had finished calling everyone else’s names and noticed an unfamiliar face.

   An innocent smile covered Michael’s face. He was always quite the charmer. “Michael Clifford, Ma’am.” He spoke, accent coming through strong.

   The teacher nodded and smiled. “So I assume you are a new student, Mr. Clifford.” She smirked. Michael looked incredibly uncomfortable. He looked to Luke for help. Luke shrugged, mouthing ‘do the work and you’ll be fine’ Michael nodded.

   “You must do all of the work that you have missed from this class by next week and if not, you will have detention with me for the rest of the year.” Michael’s eyes widened as he looked over at Luke again. Luke’s eyes widened as well.

   They were a fourth way thought the school year, and that teacher did nothing but pack on the work. For the first time, Luke decided to speak up.

   “You can’t do that! We’re in the 2nd quarter! You have to give him two quarters so that he has enough time to do all the make-up work and your work!”

   The teacher glared at Luke. “Mr. Hemmings, I suggest of you don’t want to join Mr. Clifford in detention that you shut your mouth.”

   Luke gulped. “Come on, Ms. Yellow [don’t ask I’m not creative]you just can’t do that! It’s basically child abuse!” Alex Gaskarth yelled from the front of the class.

   [*bruno mars voice* I SAID IT CUZ I CAN]

   “Yeah! Do you know how hard your work is? I’m failing this class and I haven’t even missed a single class!” Jack Barakat said from beside him.

   Ms. Yellow sighed. “Fine, Clifford. You get till the end of the school year.” ‘guess it’s hard to say no to the school’s power couple.’[yes i’m referring to jalex]Luke thought. She narrowed her eyes at Luke. “But you better help him, Hemmings.” She threatened, glaring, then turned around and began writing the title of her lecture at the top of the board.

   Luke and Michael let out synced sighs of relief.

   Michael reached over and grabbed Luke’s hand, rubbing circles with his tattooed thumb, which made Luke the opposite of what Michael was, calm.

   Luke’s head was swimming.

   So many things were happening all at once and he couldn’t just focus on one because they were hitting him in flashes, whipping his head around and around on his neck, which he felt was close to snapping.

   He couldn’t focus on what the teacher was saying. All he could think about was the image of Michael’s face and the smirk that suited it so nicely. Michael’s voice kept replaying over and over in his head.

   Luke just couldn’t grasp it. He couldn’t wrap his mind around the fact that the goalie boy actually cared. In fact, that he cared so much as to go to extremes.

   Michael had changed schools so that he could see Luke more often, and even though that thought sent happy feelings to Luke, Luke felt nothing more than the feeling of needing to throw up.

   Luke’s anxiety was out of the roof, making up problems that were definitely not going to happen, but Luke couldn’t help but think they were.

   And in a flash, Luke was out of the classroom and running in the hallways, where he was met with panicked hazel eyes that Luke immediately recognized.

   Ashton.

                                                         ~~~~

AN: YAYYYY UPDATEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Dedicated to SimplyShianne for being awesome!

Wow you look amazing today!

   -ALYSSA THE ADVENTURER