The Date

AN: on my tablet so I can't do bold or italics. :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Honestly, Calum didn't expect to be woken up by Luke standing at his door at 11am, umbrella in hand. And Luke honestly didn't care.

"Luke?! What the heck are you doing here so early?! You woke me up!" Calum grumbled, rubbing his sleepy eyes.

Luke rolled his eyes. "Two things," He began. "First off, it's 11. It's not early. Secondly, you better wake yourself up. I got you a date."

Calum's head shot up at 'date'. "What?! You got me a date?! Who would want to go on a date with me?"

"Someone who doesn't know you yet." Luke said, shrugging. "Luke! Don't tell me you set me up on a blind date! I'm not THAT desperate!" Luke groaned, he thought Calum would have caught on by now. But no, he had proven himself to be thicker than Luke expected.

"No you idiot! I got you a date with Ashton! Gosh." Luke spoke rubbing his temples in a frustrated manner.

Calum's eyes widened. "A-Ashton? Irwin?" "No. Ashton Figgleberry. Who else?!"

"Oh my gosh I need to shower and brush my teeth and get a new face and-"

[same XD]

"Cal. Shut up. The date's at two and at McDonalds. That's why I came here so 'early'." Luke used his fingers to make quotation marks when he said 'early'. Calum rolled his eyes at him then pulled him inside. "You're helping me find something to wear."

~~~~

At 1 o'clock, Calum finally finished his shower and, with the help of Luke, find an outfit that 'wouldn't make Ashton throw up'. And Luke wouldn't admit it, but he woke up at 7am and had been deciding what to wear most of the time before he went to Calum's house.

It took Calum a while to do his hair, because 'You can't rush perfection, Luke!' But once it was done, the blue eyed boy and the brown haired boy stood on Calum's porch, internally debating whehere or not to take the step off, and into the world.

It was honestly surreal, they had pen pal buddies that they had known for a while now, and had been texting. This was a make it or break it moment.

Eventually, Luke stepped off the porch and into the car, Calum awkwardly following.

The car ride was quite funny, really. Both boys were extremely nervous, but while Luke hid it pretty well, Calum was pretty much a 16 year old girl going to a school dance.

"Luke. Be honest. If you saw me, would you want to date me?"

"No."

"What?! You're supposed to say yes! Gosh!"

"Oops."

Deciding that he wanted to get away from the glares from Calum everytime they reached a redlight, Luke turned on the radio. He, of course, flipped it immediately to the alternative rock station, and then he felt like throwing up.

First Date by Blink-182.

Despite his love for the band, Luke was prepared to turn the radio off. But Calum's talking stopped him. "Oh yeah. In all my worrying, I forgot to ask you. Why are you here?"

Luke's cheeks reddened, and he shrugged. "Double date." He muttered. And luckily, the song changed to Somebody Told Me by The Killers. He let out a sigh of relief.

But that relief was short lived. The two boys arrived at the greasy fast food restauraunt.

"Ready?" Calum asked the sickly looking boy.

"Yeah." Luke spoke, his voice coming out [an: hopefully that won't be the only thing coming out] shaky and unconvincing.

The two males slowly made their way out of the car and to the doors. With a shaking hand, Luke opened the door. Despite it being 2 o'clock, the restauraunt was surprisingly empty. The only people there were and old couple and a tuft of green hair sticking out of a booth.

"I don't think any of these people are Ashton and Michael. Let's go to that seat on the corner." Calum said quietly to the blonde boy next to him. Luke nodded, walking while biting his lip ring with his teeth and tongue.

They avoided looking at the other people in the room as they sat themselves down on one side of a booth, facing the door so they could see when the other two walked in.

"I wonder where they are. It's already 2:15." They heard a voice say. Both Luke and Calum's heads whipped towards the source of the voice. The booth with the tuft of green hair. That could be them.

And so the two boys slowly made their way over to the table.

"I don't know." A higher voice than the first was heard. "Did he call it off or something? They don't seem like the type to blow someone off."

Soon enough, the boys were visible and a loud gasp came from Luke. Calum's breath hitched and his eyes widened.

It was goalie boy and the defender.