Chapter Eight

Suddenly, the life of living peacefully as a Spellbinder was thrown out the door.  Graham knew he had to find Acetto and Astra. They had the connections and influence to relay the information properly.

"Where would they go?" Franklin asked. He was looking out the door next to Graham

"We should go ask around the larger buildings," Ella stated.

Autumn, now seemingly wanting to speak far more often, muttered, "They're gone and we're all going to die."

Graham looked outside. His heart raced. His vision was blurring around the edges. He didn't think his newfound powers would cause his life to be in such a situation. Graham knew he had to come clean of what he knew.

"Listen, it was my father that was the veteran being re-recruited back into the Dispersion," he explained.

Ella shrugged. "So? A lot of the people out here have some veteran family members."

"He was General Moon. He had no mercy when it came to anything Spellbinder. I was lucky it was Acetto who found me instead of my father."

The other three sat in silence. Graham could tell his father's reputation was well-known.

Franklin shook his head. "You mentioned in your story that you were a farmer. You're telling me the big bad General Moon became a farmer?"

Graham nodded. He only knew his father as a farmer. The stories of his Dispersion days were far before he was born, but he knew they carried on with much weight to them. "His past never really was apparent in his lifestyle today. My mother had always told me the stories, back when I thought Spellbinders were bad people..."

Ella frowned. "Typical for a Dispersion boy to be raised that way. Not your fault, I know, but it still annoys me."

Graham could understand. He knew no other way of thinking until Acetto showed him that there were good and bad Spellbinders.

"What are we going to do?" Autumn complained as she slumped back on the couch.

"We should go ask what to do, or who to tell," Graham replied. "That way word can be sent to all the towns, villages, cities, and farms. They have to stay out of the Dispersion's way."

The other three nodded in agreement. Graham and Franklin were the first to step back onto the streets. Ella was right behind them. Autumn sluggishly stood up from the couch and maneuvered outside with them.

The four decided they should head back up to the building they first went to. Everything still seemed calm, as it was when they got to Sanctum Magica. Graham's heart raced. Could he be overthinking it? Did his father except the position? He imagined there would be no doubt that his father was back in his uniform. A rogue Spellbinder attacks officers and Graham went missing. Graham let out a sigh. He knew he had to find his father and tell him he was alright.

Graham entered the building first. It was exactly how they had left it before. A few Spellbinders sat behind desks with paperwork everywhere.

"Oh, it's you kids again. Did you forget the information how to get to your residency?" one clerk asked.

Graham shook his head. "No, we came to get some information on where we can find Acetto or Astra. Anyone who controls what goes on here would be helpful too."

The clerk tilted their head. "Well Sanctum Magica doesn't have any rulers or leaders. There are older Spellbinders that might have more influence in the community, but nothing in the realm of what you speak."

"What about Acetto and Astra? Acetto brought us all here."

The clerk shook their head. "Never heard of anyone by those names."