110. In The Middle Of Close And Far

After party

After party.

There was still an after party.

I didn't know.

I just couldn't refuse the invite because Ate Sam was the one who invited me. She asked me to stay... even for tonight, that's why I agreed. I stayed.

She said she wanted to talk and catch up with me about things, but she was still busy talking to her other guests.

That's why I was all alone in this plush u-shaped leather seat with chips, nuts and marshmallows in front of me. I called the waiter so that I can have some wine. This anxiety's killing me.

I have no friends here.

I have no one to talk to.

I just want to go home.

But... where do I find home?

Almost everyone was busy dancing at the dance floor. Different color of soft lights striking their faces. I'm just glad that it wasn't the loud kind of party I expected it to be. Not the kind of party wherein you'd feel the walls vibrating.

It was more of the chill vibes in this place. Cool music playing. No one's shouting. Just pure fun for them, I guess. Just the typical Diego and Sam kind of place.

I sipped the wine the waiter gave me. I just want to go home. I have nothing to do here. If not for Ate Sam, kanina pa akong nasa bahay at pinipilit ang sarili na matulog.

"Hey... you alone?"

God... why was he right in front of me again?

I swallowed the lump in my throat. "Y-yes."

"Can I take a seat?"

And another. "Y-yes."

Why was I even stuttering?

When he just looked... normal and cool.

Like he wasn't affected at all.

While I look so tensed.

He was only wearing a white polo. Its sleeves folded up to his elbows and tucked in his brown pants.

He looked good in it.

As usual.

As always.

He sat at the leather seat. If I am right, there's a space— approximately eighteen inches—that separates us from each other. It was the first time that I was this close to him again. Not close. Not far. We're in the middle of close and far.

Then... there was a familiar beat.

I'm at a party I don't wanna be at

And I don't ever wear a suit and tie