112. If Yes, Then Sorry

I sighed

I sighed.

Ni hindi ko na mabilang kung nakaka-ilang buntong hininga na ako. Ni hindi ko alam kung bakit hanggang ngayon ang hirap pa rin.

I held the door knob as I slowly twisted it. The lid of my eyes started to water. Even just the mere sight of her bedroom hurts.

I walked inside and sat on her bed. Kaagad ko itong hinaplos. Nandito pa rin 'yung amoy ni Mama.

I remembered... way back when I was a kid, I would always sleep beside my mom in this bedroom. She would always sing me to sleep with lullabies or even read me bedtime stories.

When I was already in college, whenever I was stressed, I would always knock on her door and ask her if I could sleep beside her.

She would always make me feel comfortable.

She always made me feel complete.

And then all of a sudden... she's gone.

Just like that.

And she's not going to come back anymore.

"I just really miss you, Ma..." I whispered as tears started falling.

Even after years, the pain is still here and it's never going to leave. It's been... two years. Two years without you, Ma... and I was left miserable.

"Sabi mo naman sa 'kin walang iwanan, 'di ba? Then, what is this? Why did you do this? Why am I all alone now? Why did you have to leave me, Ma? Tayo na nga lang dalawa... iniwanan mo pa ako dito mag-isa..."

"Sana... sana isinama mo na lang ako."

Sobrang hirap ng wala siya. Sobra. The pain was slowly killing me everyday. She's all I got. She's all I have... why did she have to leave so soon?

Nasanay ako ng nandyan siya palagi sa tabihan ko. She was my cheerleader. My number one supporter. She was the best mom ever. She supports me in everything that I do. Isang sabi ko lang sa kanya, papayagan niya na ako.

She wasn't just my mom.

That's why when she died... I also lost my bestfriend and my other half. I lost everything—and that's where things started falling apart.

* * *

"Yes," I said. "I like it," I told the landlady beside me.

"Kukunanin niyo na ba 'to, Ma'am?"

Ma'am. It hit a spot.

"Yes..." I said as I looked around the area. "I think this will do."

"Sige po, pwede na po kayo maglinis dito bukas," she said. I just nodded and bid her thanks.

The next morning, I drove everything I needed at the place that I just bought. It wasn't that big, but it was spacious. At maganda rin ang lugar na kinatatayuan nito. It was just perfect for my plans.