119. Only Goodnight

Please do listen dun sa kanta sa taas, for me 'yun ang theme song nilang dalawa 🥰

"Hindi ibig sabihin na nangyari sa amin ay mangyayari na din sa inyo..." my father started. We were just here in the house's garden. Catching up. Bonding? I don't know. I wasn't sure. All I know is that I'm happy that I'm with him right now.

I forgave him, because I knew that if my mother was still alive, she would've done the same thing.

God forgave us for all our sins... kaya sino naman ako para hindi magpatawad? Sino naman ako para magtanim ng galit sa kanya? Sino ako para magalit sa kanya? I didn't want to have anymore regrets in my life. Letting Juan go was enough. Ayoko ng dagdagan pa ang mga bagay na pinagsisisihan ko.

"We're different persons..."

"But he chose the dream over me," I said.

"He chose the dream, but that doesn't mean that he didn't want you to be a part of his life anymore."

"Gugustuhin niya pa ba ako sa buhay niya, Pa? When all I ever did was hurt him... when all I ever did was doubt his love for me. He didn't deserve someone like me. He deserved somebody who would trust and love him even when things get hard."

"And don't you, Sab?" he asked. "You also deserve someone who would trust and love you through good and bad times."

"It's too late..." I said. "He already gave up on me."

"Anak, it's not too late for you to make up and accept your own mistakes. You know what your mother and I lacked in? Communication."

I just looked at him and listened to everything he has to say.

"And I think you both lacked in that too. Talk to him, Sab. Understand him the way he understood you. I don't want you having regrets, anak... I don't want you to live the same fate your mom and I had... I want you to be happy...." he sincerely told me.

"Pa, what if it's too late to fix things?" I worriedly asked. I was scared of the possibilities. Always.

He smiled genuinely. "At least, you tried."

* * *

"Come on," my dad called. Tonight, we went to a party. He said that it was his niece's which meant that it was my cousin's eighteenth birthday or debut. I was kinda nervous because it was my first time meeting my family on my father's side, but he said that I had nothing to worry about because he was sure that they would love me too.

"Is this your daugther already, Ador?" a fair lady asked.

My father nodded. "This is your Tita Adelaida, my sister and the debutant's mother."

I smiled as I kissed her on the cheek. "Nice meeting you po..." I politely said.

"Come on, I'll introduce you to my daughter," she said as she tugged me along with her.