[16] the carving

You're currently 21 and living in Los Angeles. It was close to Christmas time so you decided to come back home to your mom in Kansas. It was a long drive but you didn't care. You adored driving and listening to music.

It was almost five minutes ago when you pulled into the driveway and waited. You were scared for some reason. You recently had a fight with your mom and this was gonna be the first time you saw her since.

You worked up the courage to get out of the car and walk up to the door. You knocked and five seconds later the door swung open and you were met with your sister and her baby.

"Y/n! I'm so happy you are here!" She welcomed you in and you followed her to the living room. She put the baby down and hugged you tightly.

"I'm happy to see you too," you smiled.

"Moms out back by the way."

"Thanks imma go talk to her, when I come back we're going to have to catch up," you laughed and she smiled and nodded.

"Of course!"

You walked through the house to the backdoor and took a heavy breath before pushing the door open.

Your mom was sitting on the porch talking to someone. She saw you and hung the phone up with a hurry bye. "Sweetie!" She got up and hugged you.

"Hey mom. I've missed you a lot."

Y'all talked for a little bit about everything.

"Over there," she said and pointed towards the old tree in the yard.

"What about it?" you glanced at it and looked back at her confused

She smiled. "Just go."

You did as she said and got up and lazily walked over to the tree. You heard the door click as you ran your hand on the trunk.

You smiled once you felt the craving.

You looked at it fully and closed your eyes remembering the memory.

"What are you doing?" You chuckled and sat beside him, laying your head on his shoulder.

"Craving our names."

You raised a brow. "Why?"

"I want you too remember me forever. I want you to come back to this when you come and see your mom and smile thinking about..." he grabbed your hand and looked up at you. "... us."

He continued craving the heart and proceeded to put the Y+K in the middle.

Your lips fell open as he kissed your forehead. "Your moving down to L.A. with your dad and I wont see you much... probably never." he gulped.

He leaned in and kissed your lips gently before your mom called your name. He pulled away and brushed a piece of your hair behind your ear.

"Don't forget me 'kay? Or Sam. He'll miss you just as much as me."

You stood and nodded. Tears flooded your eyes. "I'll never stop loving you no matter what. Even if I find a wife and have kids, you'll forever be in my heart..."

•••

whelp this sucked but oh welll hope you enjoyed.

go check out my new story 'please dont go' its an Aidan Gallagher x reader story, if you like him and im currently working in a Colby brock x reader story so stay updated and i love y'all ❤️😁