[18] it wasn't real

You were smiling happily at your phone and texting Colby who was your crush at the moment and you were pretty sure he felt the same way. He always sent 'i love you's and stuff.

Everything was going normal until you saw that text, 'y/n, I need to tell you something'

You froze and starting typing then waited for his response. It took longer than normal but you just shrugged it off.

As Colby was typing Sam's name popped up and you pressed answer. "Oh my god... y/n, are you okay?"

You scrunched your eyebrows together. "What? Of course I'm alright why?"

There was a moment of silence before he spoke once again. "I'm coming over..." he sighed. "Bye."

Then he just hung up without letting me say goodbye. Shaking your head, you go back to Colby.

Colby

I'm really sorry I have to say this y/n. but I think it's the best for both of us.

what is?

I found someone and I really like her maybe even love her and I just can't keep pretending anymore. I don't like you like that. you're just a friend to me. I pretended so I wouldn't hurt your feelings...

Oh, okay.

are you okay?

totally! I hope she feels the same way! you deserve only the best Colby. hope everything works out too!

thank you for understanding.

y/n's heart was broken into a million pieces as she read those texts from the boy she loved so dearly.

none of it was real but she believed it was and she feels stupid for it.

Tears poured out of her eyes as she heard a knock on the door. Surely it was Sam but she was too numb to go and open it.

The door opened and closed. Only a few seconds later Sam popped his head in the door and sighed. "I brought Ben and Jerry and I'm ready to watch Netflix."

she smiled through the tears as Sam walked over there and hugged her tightly. "I love you so much Sam."

"I love you too."

y/n always knew no matter what happened Sam would always be there for her. He was truly her best friend and she had trouble realizing that.

He was one of those boys who never broke a women's heart or toyed with her feelings just like Colby had done. He put himself before others.

And this was the moment she finally did realize she didn't need some boy in her life to make everything better.

She just needed her best friend.

Sam.

•❤️❤️•

this sucks and I need to stop writing sad stuff. I promise the next one will be a happy one 😂🤙🏼