6

The bell for the end of lunch sounded, causing me to groan. Hitoshi didn't look too pleased either as he stood, slinging his bag over his shoulder.

"What do you have next?" I asked him after swallowing the last mouth full of my food. He looked down at his phone, sighing as he returned his tired gaze to me.

"Math, how about you?" I knew exactly what I had next and wasn't too keen on the idea of it.

"Foundational hero studies," I inform him, walking away before he can respond. I hated talking about anything hero related with Hitoshi, it made me feel like I was rubbing the fact that I was in the hero course in his face. Me, someone who doesn't want to be a hero, has a place exactly where he wants to be.

I sent him a wave as I walked away, not bothering to look back at him. He would probably have that same done with life expression on his face, letting out a grunt or shrugging his shoulders in disinterest as a response. But I knew how he truly felt about all this, he never showed anyone his true feelings but I could read him.

Entering my class for the second time that day, I was met by the sight of Midoriya looking as excitable as ever. He seemed pumped up, the fanboy was probably excited for his first foundational hero studies class, as were the rest of the students. Even those who remained somewhat emotionless like me seemed happier, the emo bird boy even had a small smile on his beak. I caught his eye for a second, looking away and acting as if it were a a coincidence.

Even that Ashido girl with the pink skin was going on about it, I didn't blame them though. They all wanted to be here, to be taught by the current generation of heroes how to be the future of heroism and fight the darkness which tried to consume the world.

Sitting in my desk, Shota walked into the class and asked for them to take their seats. All of them did as they were told, eyes widening as the classroom door opened revealing the well known and current number one hero, All Might.

"I am here!" he announced, the class erupting in gasps of amazement at the sight of their literal hero. I stared at him blankly, knowing that I had caught his eye. But unlike Midnight, he treated me like any other student and left me alone. I was thankful for that.

My eyes drifted around the room at the other students who stared in awe at the muscular blonde man. He radiated a positive and safe feeling aura which seemed to calm me down, allowing me to take a step back from my racing thoughts.

"Everyone, take your costumes from their cases and we will start your first ever foundational studies class," All Might instructed, the others getting hyped up about being able to see their costumes for the first time. I stood from my desk like everyone else, reaching for the number 21. The case was metal but lighter than I expected, most likely being lined with foam to keep everything inside from getting damaged. But I also knew that the only thing in this case would be clothing, no special hero items or weapons. As Mei mentioned yesterday, my quirk would only damage the support items.

All Might gave a brief description of what was going to happen after we got changed while I ran my fingers over the grooves on the case. I didn't feel like listening, if there was anything I needed I could probably figure it out for my self or ask one of the girls. Ashido seemed pretty fond of me, if I needed anything she'd come running to my aid.

When All Might finished speaking, everyone began leaving the room to change, naturally I followed them. As I left the room, All Might sent me a nod which I returned.

All Might had nothing to do with me not wanting to be a hero, if anything he showed me the good in heroes. He made me believe that there were good people in the world, he truly was the hero that everyone saw him as.