The Blue Tour Guide

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

                                                                 (C.J.'s POV)

   It was almost 7:30 when I heard a knock on the door. "Just a sec," I said sliding on my jacket to hide my tattoos. I went to open the door only to be jumped on and hugged by some random girl. I almost fell backwards.

   "Hi! I'm Sylvia!" she said. "Um…hi," I responded.

   She saw me and quickly backed off of me. That's when I got a good look at her. She was about 5' 4'', making her a couple inches shorter than me. Her skin was darker than mine. She also had long black hair almost down to her elbows. Her eyes were wide and brown eyes. She was wearing a dress with turquoise top and the skirt had an off white background with different color flower patterns on it. On her feet were white sandals.

   "I'm sorry," she said. "I just really like new people." "Yeah, I can tell," I said with a laugh.

   "Cool eyes," she said enthusiastically. "Thanks," I said. I was starting to get used to this whole being mutant thing.

   "I guess I should have probably started with I'm going to be your tour guide today," she said shyly. "Don't worry about it," I said trying to reassure her.

   "Well I guess there is nothing else to say then will you please follow me," she said ushering me out.

   We went through dozens of hallways. She told me what each of the rooms were used for and who worked in them. Even in this huge building there were only about 300 students ranging from about second grade to seniors. Most of the kids were like me. They looked normal enough to fit into society, but if you looked close enough there was something different. Like pointy ears or strange eyes. Then there were also the people who looked completely different, like Lyle. Some had different color skin, and by that I mean like green and blue and pink. Others even had wings.

   Sylvia and I were about to head out to the court yard when I realized that there was nothing different about her. She looked like a normal, average girl.

   "So, what do you do?" I asked walking out of the front doors. "Oh, right, I almost forgot," she said. Then, blue rays cover the outside of her body and she soon started floating. "Cool," I said in awe of this floating girl."That's not all," she said with a smirk. She held up her hand as if she were aiming at something and shot a blue beam and it went straight through a tree. It had made a perfect hole through it."Wow!" I said sincerely amused.

   "You know,one of these days we aren't going to have any trees left go  you to do that," I heard a familiar voice say from behind. I turned around to see Lyle's grinning face.

   "What do you know," Sylvia said in a kind of harsh tone. "Guessing you two know each other," I said trying not to laugh at this annoyed little girl next to me. "What gave it away," she said.

   We walked over to Lyle. "Come on, Dracula. You've only been here a day and your hanging out with the wrong crowd," he said as Sylvia shoved him. "But isn't that always what the people in the wrong crowd say?" I asked finally making Sylvia laugh. "Okay, I'll give you credit for that comeback, but you're going to have to come up with a lot more if you're going to hang out with me," he said kind of chuckling to himself.

   I can't help but think to myself that this keeps getting stranger and stranger. Now this was the of Dracula, The Orange Elf, and The Blue Tour Guide.