Return

~~~~~~C.J.'s POV~~~~~~

   I stood outside of Sylvia's "room", or as I like prison cell. At least she was handcuffed to a bed and not a wall. God, how did they even find her, little lone capture her? She's obviously has the power to protect herself. It didn't matter anymore. She and I were here and I had to get us out, to get her out.

   "Hey!" a guard yelled. "I have been given strict orders to keep you away from prisoners." With that he shoved me away.

          ~~~~~~Third Person POV~~~~~~

   Back at the Institute, most of the X-Men laid unconscious, along with Lyle. While Logan tried to help with the very little medical training he had, he was baffled. He had no idea how

C.J. could do this? Not just mentally, physically.

          ~~~~~~Lyle's POV~~~~~~

   My eyes slowly opened only to shut again. God, why we're the lights so bright. My head started to hurt. I heard soft footsteps, and then the lights turned off.

   "There you go," a voice that I recognised as Peter's said. As I opened my eyes they began to adjust to the light. I absent-mindedly noted that it took much longer than it should've.

   "Wh-What happened?" I said.

   "C.J. happened," he replied. "She's stronger than she looks," he said with a slight laugh. It suddenly hit me. She betrayed me. Everything she's done with me, the meetings, the movie… the kiss. Tears started to flow down my face. Yet another person had let me down, and I was stupid enough to fall for everything.

   Peter's arms wrapped around me in a comforting embrace. "Hey, I'm sorry, Bud. I know she meant a lot to you." My eyes started to droop and I hadn't even noticed until Peter said something.

   "Get some rest. I'll let you know if anything important comes up," he said with a reassuring smile. I knew the truth, though. They didn't want me an any part of this. But, now, it didn't even matter. I didn't want to look for her. She betrayed me.

          ~~~~~~C.J.'s POV~~~~~~

   I was in the training room punching a punching bag almost as hard as I could. I needed to get out of here. Not just for Sylvia's sake but for mine. All theses bad memories. The closest thing to a good memory I have here is my father reading me Charolette's Web as a reward for training so hard as a kid.

   Suddenly, the punching bag flew off its chains and hit the wall.

   "Looks like someone's pissed," said I voice from behind me.

   "Domino!" I shouted. "Thank God." I ran over to her and hugged her. I guess she was a small good memory that I still had.

   When I was little, my father would go on missions a lot. When that happened, Domino was kind of like my baby sitter. She was also one of the few friends I have. We would sneak around Stryker, and she would take me out the get ice cream sometimes. Or she would take me to the park. Long story short, She made me feel like I was a normal kid. And for that, I will always be thankful.

   "What'cha up to, kiddo," she said playfully. I looked at her debating if I should tell her. I looked around the room to see at least four cameras.

   "Not here," I said. "Come with me." We ran down the hall, and because I was an "employee" of Stryker's I got my own room. We ran in, and I locked the door.

   "Look, I really need your help," I said begging her.

   "With what?" She questioned.