Memory Lane

I walked down to the Professor's office. I was literally shaking. If he found out who I really was he could kick me out of the school. I'd be on my own and praying to God he didn't tell Stryker. Logan was all ready shooting me dirty looks in history. Imagine what the rest of the X-Men would do if they found out. I'm still trying to push the thought of Lyle and Sylvia finding out out of my head.

   I finally made it to his office. There was more than one person in the room. 'That's just fantastic' I thought to myself as I knocked on the door. "Hello?" I called to him. "C.J., please come in," he said softly. I walked in to see both Professor Xavier and another man about his age that I didn't know. I sat in the chair beside the man and across from the Professor. I felt so awkward in front of the two men. I'm surprised they didn't notice. "C.J., this is my friend Erik," he told me. I turned to the man and forced a believable, pretty smile onto my face and nodded at him. He simply smiled back at me.

   I really needed out of here. I felt like I was about to have a panic attack. "I have no intentions of trying to be pushy, Professor, but is there any specific reason I'm here?" I asked him. He got straight to the point. "You see, C.J., Erik and I would like to know more about you." I froze I didn't know what to do. I couldn't  lie to him. He probably already has seen everything, but I just couldn't bring myself to tell him.

   You don't have to be afraid Callie. He whispered in my head. The use of my real name made me flinch. I already know everything. We just want to help you. I couldn't help but think about the scientist that experimented on me. They always said that before they knocked me unconscious. That's what they said. I thought. Callie, do you trust me? The Professor projected into my head. I thought about what he asked. I had never been asked if I trusted someone. I had always been ordered to trust someone. I took a deep breath and I simply said, "Yes."

   Suddenly I felt numb. I couldn't feel anything. My vision became blurry. I started to be surrounded in nothingness. My eyelids began to feel heavy. I forced myself to stay awake, but the nothingness was too strong. I couldn't fight it any longer. I let it engulf me.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

                                                              (Scott's POV)

   I was teaching a class, when I was called to the Professor's office. I walked into his office to see him and Erik and finally I saw a little girl asleep in a chair next to them. "Scott I need you to take C.J. down to the infirmary," he said. Suddenly I became worried. "She fine, Scott," Erik said seeing the worried look on my face. "Charles and I would like to run a few test." I was so confused. Charles didn't just run test. "Scott, she's going to be okay. I have already searched through her head and most of it is a blur. She needs help and that's what I plan on doing," Professor said. I was still kind of confused, but I trusted him. I picked the 14 year old girl and started down the hall and down the stairs to the infirmary. I laid her on a metal table in the middle of the room. Charles followed behind me and sat behind her. He hooked her up to a few wires. Some measured brain waves, and others showed her heart rate. He placed his hands on the sides of her head and went into her mind

__________________________________________________________________________________________

                                                        (C.J.'s POV; 10 years ago)

   I was four years old when went through the Weapon-X process. I was strapped to a cold metal table above a tub of a strange green liquid. I was awake, too. They put a breathing mask on my face and then down the table went. I was submerged in the green liquid. Needles were put all over me. I felt a sting all over my body. I could hear my heart rate increasing and I starting shaking. The pain kept growing and growing. It got so bad that I was screaming in pain. I started to see black. I wasn't sure if it was an anaesthetic or if I was passing out from the pain, but I needed to escape this agonizing pain. I laid there and let the darkness swallow me.