Hiding

"I still feel awful for doing this," C.J. mumbled leaning her head on the truck's window.

   "Well you shouldn't," Logan replied. "Even if they get caught, every person except me and you is out there to back them up, Kid."

   "That's the problem," she sighed. "We should be out there fighting with them... or at least I should," she said adding the last part quietly.

   "What is that supposed to mean?" he asked.

   "What that's supposed to mean, Logan, is that no one was supposed to get hurt but me. This was supposed to be my fight. And if I died I died. No one else would!" she explained gradually raising her voice.

   "Kid, no one's dead, and no one is going to die, you hear me," he said trying to calm her down. "Besides, no getting out if this now. You're one of us and we take care of our own."

   "Do you understand how utterly cheesy you just sounded," she said beginning to smile.
.
.
.
.
.
   Meanwhile, the rest of the X-Men had taken down Sabertooth and his army and had taken him captive. He was currently be interrogated by Charles, and the rest of the team was in the infirmary getting minor wounds treated.

   "God, how does your head not hurt you?" Lyle asked Domino while Jean was bandaging his head.

   "Oh it does hurt. By now I'm used to it, though," Domino replied.

   "Where exactly is C.J.?" he asked Jean.

   "Somewhere safe," she replied finishing wrapping his head. "The less everyone knows, the better. If you somehow end up alone with Sabertooth he will try to get her location."

   "You think I woud tell?" he asked becoming angry.

   "I think Sabertooth has his ways of making people talk. I don't even know where C.J. is going. The only person that knows exactly where she's going is Logan and C.J.," she explained.

.

.

.

.

.

   "Hate to break it to you," Sabrtooth remarked. "But my mind is blocked. No way you're getting in here."

   "I don't plan on entering your mind," Charles replied. "Not yet, at least. First we'll try this the old fashion way."

   "Why would you even work for Stryker in the first place," Scott cut in. "I mean this guy hates mutants. He would do anything to get rid of them, but you still stick around to be his little puppet."

   He only got a growl in response.

   "Fine, don't say anything. All this means is that you get to stay with us even longer," Scott stated.

   "I wouldn't be so sure," he replied. He looked around the small interrogation room. "Where's C.J.? I bet she would love to talk to me."

   "I'm afraid you won't be seeing her for a long time," Charles replied

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Hey Guys!!! Hope you liked this chapter. Thank you for reading this story this long. Next chapter should be soon.

LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!! <3 <3