Escaping

~~~~~~Lyle's POV~~~~~~

   As C.J. drifted off I picked her up to bring her to the infirmary. Charles wanted to see more about her memories to see if she was working with Stryker. And me, I had no clue what was going on with her. I was worried that she was hallucinating. I knew she was going to kill me when she woke up, but I just wanted her safe and healthy. I had no idea what she was doing in the woods, and she seemed dazed when I found her.

   As I walked into the infirmary, the Professor told me to restrain her. Which would probably just make her angrier, but I was okay with it. She could hurt herself of someone else.

   The Professor then started to try and read her mind, but he stopped.

   "What's wrong?" asked Scott who was also in the room.

   "I can't seem to read her mind. It's been blocked off somehow," he replied back to Scott. "And if that's the case, someone might be controlling her. That might be why she wanted to leave."

   Just then, C.J.'s eyes snapped opened. I watched her struggle against the restraints. Scott immediately ran to her side.

   "C.J., you need to calm down," he said soothingly.

   "You don't understand. You have to let me leave!!" she yelled.

   "We can't do that," I said.

   "Lyle, please, you have to trust me on this," she said practically begging.

   "Trust you on what?" the Professor said cutting in.

   "That's why you have to trust me! You have to trust that it isn't anything you help me with, please!" Tears started to roll down her face. Scott found an anaesthetic and attempted to hold her arm down.

   "Please, stop!" she yelled sobbing. Scott put the needle into her arm. Her body slowly stopped moving, and she struggled to keep her eyes open until she couldn't fight anymore. God, what was  so important that could make her fight like that.

   "I'll stay with her," Scott said. "Lyle has classes to get to." I nodded in agreement and walked out after taking one more look at my unconscious girlfriend on the table.

          ~~~~~~C.J.'s POV~~~~~~

   I slowly woke up. My eyes were still puffy so the anaesthetic didn't last long, but apparently it lasted long enough for Scott to fall asleep. What no one knew is that I had another mutation I used in emergencies. Like my father, if I tried hard enough, I could make my finger nails grow into claws. So with all the strength I had left I did just that. My nails cut through the velcro straps around my wrist and then through the ones around my ankles. I slowly got up making my way towards the window. I noticed the bag I had packed on the wall. I grabbed it and went and passed Scott. I got out into the hallway and headed towards the elevator. I heard an alarm to off. Crap. I quickly looked for a set of stairs. Once I found them I sprinted up. I could smell multiple people at the top. I was prepared to fight my way out if that's what it took. I had to do it for Sylvia. I was greeted with Logan at the top of the stairs.

   "I don't want to hurt you, kid," he said.

   "Well, that's the least you'll have to do if you want to catch me," I snapped back. He came at me trying to wrap his hand around me. I dodged every attempt gracefully. I knew I didn't have to go easy on him. He could heal just like me. Knowing that I connected my fist to his skull. It threw him back just enough for me to run. I ran as fast as my legs could carry me and jumped out the window. Little did I know, while Logan and I were fighting we managed to get to the second floor. As the ground came closer I did a tuck and roll onto the not so soft grass. I saw Scott's motorcycle parked in the court yard a ran to it and hot wired it. I drove off into the woods only hearing distant yells from the X-Men.