0| 𝐷𝐴𝑌 𝑇𝑂 𝐷𝐴𝑌

"Will

"Will..." I said slowly to the boy who was going through my leather jacket, trying to be sneaky. His head snapped up, looking at me as I was midway in eating a piece of bread. His arm snapped back behind his back and he looked at me with wide eyes.

"What's that behind your back?" I asked him. His eyes darted to the floor and he stood rigid. He gulped before slowly bringing out a handful of quarters.

"I was gonna pay you back..." Will said shyly.

"What's it for?" I asked him, chewing my bread.

"The arcade, I'm supposed to meet Lucas, Dustin and Mike there," Will said. I smiled at him. I honestly didn't mind him having the coins. I could always get more from Hopper.

"I don't mind, take as much as you want," I said as I turned back to the magazine I was reading beforehand.

"No," Will said, throwing the coins back onto my jacket. "I'm sick of people treating me different."

"What?" I asked.

"You should be scolding me, sending me to my room," Will said sadly, falling onto the couch. I got up from the dining table and stood in front of the boy. Will recently came back from what the kids called The Upside Down. I did pity him, but I knew he was strong.

"Will, I gave you money even before the incident," I said. He flinched, looking anywhere but at me at the mention of what happened.

"Yeah, but, you never said 'Take as much as you want,'" Will murmured.

"So? I don't need those five quarters. I can always get more; it isn't the end of the world for me." I told him. Will shrugged, looking down at his hands. I sighed, not knowing what to say anymore. I checked my watch and saw that it was nearing five thirty.

I huffed out a sigh and grabbed my jacket, scooping up the coins in my hand. I turned to the boy, grabbing his hand and dropping the quarters in it.

"Take it or I swear to god I'm gonna be mad," I said to him.

"Tough love?" I heard a familiar voice behind me. I turned to find Joyce Byers, Will's mother, coming in through the door in her cashier uniform. She kicked the door closed, adjusting the strap of her purse over her shoulder as she released papers from her arms on the dining table.

"You could say that," Will grumbled. I looked at him and rolled my eyes. I ruffled his hair before turning to Joyce.

"Do you want me to take Will here to the Arcade, Ms. Byers?" I asked her politely. She looked in no shape to run around and drop Will off. She looked like she needed a breather.

"Oh shoot!" Joyce exclaimed, balling her fists close her her face and scrunching her nose. "I forgot!"

"Don't worry, I can drive him," I smiled at her.