15| 𝑆𝑍𝑈-𝑊𝐸𝐼

"Heyyyy!" I heard Hopper yelling in my ear

"Heyyyy!" I heard Hopper yelling in my ear. "Wake up birthday girl!"

I groaned, peeling my eyes open. My head pounded as I took the light in. What day was it? When I came home that night, Hopper didn't question it since it was midnight and Joyce said I could leave. The machine gave me a killer headache though, felt like I had a hangover for a day after.

"Did I sleep for four months?" I asked him as I sat up. "It's not my birthday."

"Come on!" Hopper said, all giddy. He opened the curtains of the cabin. Why is he happy? I grumbled and got out of my bed. My bare feet hit the wooden tiles as I made my way to the yellow table where we eat. El was ready there, looking up at Hopper with worry.

I sat down across from her as Hopper stood at the side, rubbing his hands together excitedly.

"What's with the birthday shit?" I asked, leaning on the table with my hand holding my forehead.

"Yeah, what's with this birthday shit?" El repeated. Hopper's smile faltered and his eyebrows twitched down as he took in her words.

"Lili, stop cursing," he said. "It's not good for her."

"You curse," I pointed out.

"Do as I say, not as I do," he said quickly.

"Why are you so happy?" I asked him. He just giggled. "Did you get laid?!"

"No!" He said, scrunching his nose.

"Oh, you found new pills to play with," I nodded.

"No," he growled, he happy facade fading.

"You got a lifetime supply of Marlboro?" I asked.

"Just- Stop asking," he said, motioning me to zip it.

"Then what is it?" I asked.

"Say goodbye to Lili Turner," he smiled.

"Are you going to kill me?!" I screamed, standing up in my chair.

"No! No!" Hopper yelled. "Let me finish!"

"Say goodbye to Lili Turner... and hello to Lili Hopper," he said. I furrowed my brows.

"What?" I asked.

"Same goes for El Hopper," he winked at the girl. She looked at the two of us and it was obvious she was confused.

"I adopted you two," he said. He looked at us, waiting for a response. I jumped off of the chair and wrapped my arms around his neck.

"Oh my god!" I laughed. "You're really my father now?"

"You bet," he smiled into my hair, crushing me in a hug.

"And El's really my sister?" I smiled.