01| 𝐻𝐴𝐿𝐿𝑂𝑊𝐸𝐸𝑁

"Here I am!" Squeezing the last breath of air out of my lungs, I felt my voice box about to break at the volume of my singing

"Rock you like a hurricane!" I whooped loudly into the air as I sped down one of the country roads in Hawkins. People rarely use this road, but I found it way faster than the streets. I could also blast rock music without people's heads turning in disgust.

"Lili, you sound terrible," Will shouted over the music. I was taking Will to school since his middle school is right next to the high school. His mother took an early shift and wasn't able to drive him.

"D- Do you think you c-could slow down?" Jonathan, Will's older brother, stuttered as he slid down further in his seat and clutched his backpack close to his body. I rolled my eyes at him. I haven't really gotten close to this guy, but I've heard a lot of things from Steve. After helping him with the Demogorgons and all, I found that he wasn't all that bad.

"C'mon Jonny, live a little!" The boy jumped at my outburst and I laughed. I hit my steering wheel along to the beat of the music. The song didn't ended, but I pulled up the the Hawkins High School parking lot and turned the music down a little. Jonathan let out a relived sigh, but the music was still loud enough to vibrate the car with each beat. Jonathan got out when we were still moving, eager to get away.

Nancy and Steve sat in his car, and the mousy brunette looked like she was reading a paper. By the messy chicken scratch, it looked to be Steve's. Seeing them kiss, I turned away. It wasn't that I didn't like them together, I hated PDA.

Will hopped out and said goodbye to me. I waved at him and sat in my car, lighting a cigarette. I told myself I would stop, but they always de-stress me.

My music grew louder without me touching the knob, making me play with my radio's volume. When the music kept on growing louder, I realized that there was another car playing the exact same song. I opened the door of my car and stepped out, cutting the ignition which turned off my music. I looked at the blue Camaro with a California license plate that parked across from me with a curious glance. A little redhead girl who looked to be about Will's age, got out and skateboarded to the middle school side.

"Here I am!" The song continued from the car. I saw two cowboy boots hit the ground from the open driver's side. A guy emerged from the car with a messy mullet and sporting the denim-on-denim look.

"Rock you like a hurricane!" The song started to end. Rock me like a hurricane please Mr. Mullet Man. This guy was hot, yes, but his cocky smirk turned me off. Just by the side glance he threw me, I knew he was a dick. And when I thought that no more dicks existed, more dicks show up. What a real sausage fest.

Leaning on the hood of my car, I squinted at the guy and gave him a once-over. He had a cigarette in his mouth but it looked burnt down already. He took it out of his mouth when he made eye contact with me, throwing the stub onto he ground and not bothering to put it out.