16| 𝐵𝑈𝐶𝐾𝐿𝐸𝑌

a/n so some of these racial slurs or comments you'll read have actually happened to me in real life, even though I don't really look Chinese, people still make fun of me

a/n so some of these racial slurs or comments you'll read have actually happened to me in real life, even though I don't really look Chinese, people still make fun of me. ITS NOT OKAY TO MAKE FUN OF SOMEONES RACE. I FŪCKING LOVE BEING CHINESE THANK YOU VERY MUCH

"They need chaperones for the dance," Max said to me as I sat on the couch in the Hargrove residence.

"And? That concerns me how?" I raised a brow.

"You should chaperone!" Max urged.

"There's a million things I'd rather do than to watch disgustingly horny middle schoolers grind against each other," I said. I didn't want to see that... again. Because I was one of those disgustingly horny middle schoolers back in my day.

"That's... disgusting," Max squeezed her eyes shut. "Just... I need a friend there."

"The boys?" I asked and Max raised an eyebrow at me. "Alright, alright, geez."

"I want someone I can't get ready with!" Max pleaded.

"What about your mom?" I asked.

"Ugh, I don't even wanna think about her..." Max groaned, flipping onto her back and putting her legs up against the wall.

"I want to get ready with you!" Max whined. I rolled my eyes.

"I guess, since I'm already supposed to take El," I said. Max sat up quickly.

"Wait, El's coming?" She asked.

"Yup," I nodded.

"I thought she wasn't supposed to be out for a year," Max tilted her head.

"Hopper said it was only for tonight," I said. Max slumped.

"Oh," she said.

"I thought you didn't like El?" I looked at her. The night of the Mind Flayer, El gave Max the cold shoulder. Why would Max want to see her now?

"It's not that I don't like her, she just doesn't like me," Max said. I nodded.

"Well, I don't know if I'll be able to drive you," I said. "I have to get El ready and my car can't fit more than three."

"Oh, that's alright, I can get Billy to take me," Max smiled.

"Better ask now, Billy hates surprises," I said.

"He'll live," Max shrugged, but got up anyways. She walked over to Billy's room where he was probably putting on some new cologne I made him buy. 

"BECAUSE, MAX, I DON'T WANT TO!" Billy's voice roared from his room. Suddenly, I was glad that the house was only occupied by Max, Billy and I. Hell, I was glad that I never saw Neil's face again.

"Billy! I really want to go!" Max pleaded.

"Max, get out of my room!" Billy yelled. I just flipped a page from Cosmo, reading new brands of lingerie that I would want to try.